Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Ben Folds announces BFF to reunite for a new album

scottasin

http://www.rollingstone.com/videos/new-and-hot/ben-folds-on-reuniting-with-the-ben-folds-five-20111019

I don't think I've been this excited for an album in a long time. The original BFF albums are some of my absolute favorites, theres really nothing like them out there. Obviously after 12 years without writing anything new with the band it'll have a different sound, but Ben Folds has been pretty consistently writing great stuff IMO, and I can only think that the band chemistry will start getting back together and we'll end up hearing a great album. Hopefully they tour to support it too, I love their live stuff too.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've seen Ben 5 times, once with BFF. His concerts all have been great, however, that trio packed a whallop unmatched by his later band.

Couldn't agree more. Between Ben on the piano and Robert Sledge on the bass - unbelievable sound.

P.S. Why is this OT?
Not sure, its not directly related to gear or playing, so I tacked it on there, I feel like I've seen similar threads in the past that were labeled OT... Doesn't much matter anyways.

I've never seen Ben live. He played a solo show near me last year with $25 tickets, which is practically unheard of for him, but I had a ton of schoolwork that weekend and had to miss it. In retrospect, I wish I had gone to the concert instead.

I keep reading the abbreviation in the thread title as "Best Friends Forever." Ah, the internet age. :freak:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Archived