Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Procol Harum "Conquistador"

Griffinator

I feel like a real idiot for asking this, but Hammond voicings really trip me up, and I'm having difficulty sussing out the solo here, as simple as it is.

The first part is pretty straightforward, obviously, it's a simple arpeggio. The chords, OTOH, with the organ grit, are a bit harder to pick out. Any suggestions?

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8awf-R2go3A&feature=related

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think playing Gm, a high D note (with grace notes C#) and a G on top of it will work. Then Eb7 playing the same thing with the Db and C as grace note, keeping the top G. You will get that bluesy feel

I would play it (RH chords) G-D(with grace notes)-G, and then G-Db (with grace notes)-G.

That's how I would play it on organ, not an organ expert though ;)

I don't thing the Bb is on the right hand, as far as I can hear... Also with the Bb the second chord would be really difficult to play, playing the Bb and the Db with the C grace notes simultaneously...

But you probably can play the first one Bb-D-G and the second one without the Bb, I think it wouldn't make a big difference

I'm going with Moe on this one, i hear...

DFG then DbFG then DbF, CF(2x) and ends on DbF

On the left hand, i'm not sure he's using just ghost notes or GBb or just G, try it out and see which sounds better.

"The purple piper plays his tune, The choir softly sing; Three lullabies in an ancient tongue, For the court of the crimson king"

Archived