Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Would you do it in a barn?

Ross Brown

Did I get your attention? hahaha....

We played a benefit yesterday.... the bands were set up in a barn. It looked like it would be a sound system disaster... much to everyone's surprise the acoustics were awesome... every band sounded great. This place would make a cool studio, except that it would get real cold in the winter.... and there is farm equipment in it... and rats... and snakes... strange, strange gig but the bands had fun. 4 great bands, all different styles from Bluegrass to rippin electric blues.

If my barn were bigger, I would consider remodeling it to make a studio....

"When I take a stroll down Jackass Lane it is usually to see someone that is already there" Mrs. Brown

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I auditioned for a band several years ago. They rehearsed in a barn. And they sucked. I don't blame it on the barn, though. They would have sucked anywhere.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

Nothing wrong with playing in a barn.

Just don't touch the farmer's still.

Or his daughter.

Tenstrum

"Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face."

Harry Dresden, Storm Front

I've done it in a barn.

Played a gig, that is. Pig Pickin'/Barbecue/Country-Rock Jam at a friend's farm decades ago. That actually had it fixed up with a nice little stage and all.

"Tours widely in the southwestern tip of Kentucky"

I own a barn but have never played in it. Perhaps you have motivated me. At the very least my playing will certainly run off any rodents, varmints, bugs, and asundry other creatures who have no business in my barn. Thanks for the idea!

You can stop now -jeremyc

STOP QUOTING EVERY THING I SAY!!! -Bass_god_offspring

lug, you should add that statement to you signature.-Tenstrum

I'm not sure any argument can top lug's. - Sweet Willie

Played many a Farmer's Union gig in barns back in the 60s. Cold, drafty & *extremely* iffy electrics.

Maybe things have moved on in 50 years?

G.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

Toilets were not the flushin kind.... I got in there early.... never went back... Light bulbs?... don't know... it was daytime... power for the bands came from extension cords run through a trapdoor that looked like something off of a hangman's rig... The good life.... BUT... no shit in the barn... it was all outside.
"When I take a stroll down Jackass Lane it is usually to see someone that is already there" Mrs. Brown

Archived