Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

49 keys hammer action keyboard?

offnote

I'm just looking at studiologic website at vmk-149 hammer action midi controller and I fell in love but why no retailer carries it anymore, is it discontinued? Why would they, it's pianist to go dream come true. From studiologic site doesn't look like but on many online store I see "product is not available":

http://www.fatar.com/studiologic/pages/VMK_149.htm

Anybody know where I could buy it? There are 61keys but it's too heavy and big for my purpose.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Try Ebay? I don't know if I share your view of it being a pianist's dream come true. The 49 key size and the hammer action kind of defeat the purpose of each other in my opinion. If I want piano-like action, I also want to be able to play the full piano range or at least very close to it. If I'm looking for a small controller, I'm not concerned about action so much. Just speaking in terms of a target market, I think most players feel that way, hence, discontinued.

Anyway, yeah, Ebay is probably your best bet for finding anything discontinued, but you might have to settle for a used version.

I don't know if I share your view of it being a pianist's dream come true

Me neither. 61 MIGHT be useful. I tried playing some mock piano stuff in that 4 octave range and it just was way too limiting! Anyway, I'm not cracking on what you think you'd love to see and whether it's good for you, but I AM suggesting the reason you can't find this board anymore. I know I wouldn't buy it!

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

The only application I can think of would be if someone want to rig up a modern equivilent of an old Rhodes key bass other than that is seems too short.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

The only application I can think of would be if someone want to rig up a modern equivilent of an old Rhodes key bass other than that is seems too short.

Not sure why it would be to short. A 22-fret, six-string guitar in standard tuning has a range of just under 4 full octaves, and is able to create 47 different notes so that 49 keys are not that bad after all besides you can shift octaves when needed.

Also this would be not for stage but for composing/practicing during hotel stay.

Archived