Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT- MacBook has a drink of wine

DaveMcM

A band mate just called to tell me that his ex-wife (they are still friends) accidentally spilled a glass of wine into her MacBook. To fix the problem she put it in the clothes dryer for an hour, on tumble no less. And it worked. :o

Wm. David McMahan

I Play, Therefore I Am

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I worked for a gov't contractor one summer (General Instrument?) and after the boards went through the wave solder machine, some would get rinsed off with water to clean residue. The trick was not applying power until they were dry. ;)

Though I can't imagine the racket a MacBook in a dryer would make. I wonder if the drum now has dents.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

My dad had a habit of putting the TV remote on the top of his drink cup. Of course, the day he dropped it into the cup he wasn't drinking water, he was drinking a dairy-based drink (I don't recall what). I remember my mom coming into my room with it wrapped in a paper towel like it was a dead bird or something.

I opened it up, cleaned out the dairy fat, dried it off, and it was fine.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

A band mate just called to tell me that his ex-wife (they are still friends) accidentally spilled a glass of wine into her MacBook. To fix the problem she put it in the clothes dryer for an hour, on tumble no less. And it worked. :o

thats brilliant

I will try that with my Kronos

:)

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

Rice is the best remedy for any wet electronic device, and of course, as Joe said, make sure to turn the power off (if it's not off already) and not turn it back on until it's bone dry. Also, remove the battery if possible. Rice is a great desiccant. It will suck out all the moisture in the device. Of course, there's never a guarantee that a device will work correctly, or at all, after being exposed to a liquid no matter how you dry it out.

Regarding the Macbook in a dryer...I'd say it's no less than a miracle that the thing works after that. It probably won't work for long either.

Though I can't imagine the racket a MacBook in a dryer would make. I wonder if the drum now has dents.

Ha, that's exactly what my buddy said. "I would love to have a recording of the noise it made".

Wm. David McMahan

I Play, Therefore I Am

I have a better idea. Send me your Kronos and I'll try it. No, really, I will. I promise I won't gig with it or right the next hit tune, or drool on it, or... :D

Wm. David McMahan

I Play, Therefore I Am

I have a better idea. Send me your Kronos and I'll try it. No, really, I will. I promise I won't gig with it or right the next hit tune, or drool on it, or... :D

a worthy experiment. Send me the $ for shipping

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

Archived