Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Our Boy Danny Duran

JimboK

And someday, I'll post a video of me singing something that is neither gay, nor a chick part...I actually do some decent heterosexual lead vocals, believe it or not.

Yeah, sure you do! ;)

The B-52's actually closed out the big free show at the Montreal Jazz Fest Monday night (I was down at Black Dub with my wife).

I couldn't bring myself to stick around for Love Shack.. :laugh:

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

MOXF8, Electro 6D, XK1c, Motif XSr, PEKPER, Voyager, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

80s, you should check out this website:

Jeans n classics

These guys are everywhere. There is a huge demand for this stuff on the "Symphony Pops" circuit. There is a big push to get boomers into the concert hall, your band would probably do very well. These types of shows can pay serious $$. If you need symphonic arrangements, you know who to call. :wave:

Now a trademark is another thing - and I'm not up on all the details, but basically, I think it would pretty much allow the holder to prevent somebody else from using that name. But again, why would a band in Detroit care if somebody in St. Louis is using that name. Now when you're talking about original bands that get signed, that's a whole other story. A buddy of mine was in a band called "9 Days Wonder". They got signed and there were a few other ones throughout the country, so they changed the name to "Radio Iodine". That sort of thing happens all the time. It went unnoticed until they were signed and went national, then they had to deal with it.
FYI, You can't trademark until you've played in another state, making it an interstate commerce issue. (The federal gov't can only regulate commerce if it's interstate.)

Way cool video; you guys rock!

Archived