Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

How Do I Remove The Pedalboard Switch Assembly On A B-3?

Polkahero

My A100 was so simple, two screws and it came out easy! Yes, I've looked through the entire 220-page Hammond manual and found nothing. I want to replace the pedalboard felt on my B-3 but can't figure out how to remove it. There are three screws on top that appear to hold it in place, I removed these and nothing budged. There are also three screws in the back, these didn't even come out when I loosened them. There are also two very large bolts on either end that seem to secure the assembly as well, but look like a total PITA the put back as there's a nut underneath the entire organ. They sure made these B-3s difficult to work on!

'57 Hammond B-3, '60 Hammond A100, Leslie 251, Leslie 330, Leslie 770, Leslie 145, Hammond PR-40

Trek II UC-1A

Alesis QSR

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I recall, the wood cover above the pedal contacts has a rabbet at the back that slots in, and so that board must move forward to disengage when the bolts are loose.

Unfortunately, the plastic tubes carrying the pedal harness and output wires conspire to keep it in place.

Try releasing the metal piece at the top of the plastic tubes inside the organ, lift those tubes to provide some bare wire action at the bottom, and see if you can get enough slack to work the top pedal cover free.

Not sure which felts you are referring to - the felt loops around the pedal contacts?

Moe

---

Hi Moe,

Thanks for the suggestions. Yes, I plan on replacing the felt loops around the contacts. A couple are worn and I have an extra replacement from TWGH anyway.

'57 Hammond B-3, '60 Hammond A100, Leslie 251, Leslie 330, Leslie 770, Leslie 145, Hammond PR-40

Trek II UC-1A

Alesis QSR

Archived