Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Wha happened?

mate stubb

The forum itself probably got spooked about the possibility of another heinously long powered speaker thread coming back from the dead.

It's a game-changer.

Yes, indeed. :snax:

"The purple piper plays his tune, The choir softly sing; Three lullabies in an ancient tongue, For the court of the crimson king"

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You guys need to remember that we're not the only forum that MusicPlayer hosts. :snax:

Yes, but we're the only one that actually matters.....

True, but we're the only ones that realize it. ;)

Those of us that play several instruments might take issue with this.

That said, I do find myself having more fun here than in the other forums - though I attribute that more to the extremely colorful personalities, not to mention the sports threads... ;)

So damn funny. I didn't have time today to try to get to the forum, when I logged on tonight I couldn't believe what a quiet day it had been. I kept refreshing the page thinking that I was looking a cache of yesterday.

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

My dating web site went down at the same time - I thought it was a conspiracy against me!

Okay, I HAVE to ask, given the apparent success/popularity of your band, what the f$#k do you need a dating web site for? :freak:

I get hit on by a ton of hot chicks....they're all either "unhappily married" or have a boyfriend "but are you on Facebook?". I think most gals don't think of a guy in the band as serious relationship material...never mind that I have a successful career, house, etc...no, I just put the band on the dating site where they can see my entire resume and the combination seems to work.

Worst case - at least the dating site gets more gals out to the gigs to check me out, it's marketing :thu:

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

I thought maybe you had changed the url and not told me, just like when parents move away while the kid is at basketball practice and it takes the police WEEKS to find them...

or was that just me?

NORD STAGE 2, IPAD 2 with lots of soft syths

Roland td9 expanded

Guitars, basses, Pod Xtl, GT-10b

Garritan, Reason, Symphonic Choirs , Cubase, Sibelius

Three shelter cats

When I was in elementary school, it always seemed that when the teacher had the class rearrange the desks in the classroom was a day I was out sick.

Even worse, they did something like that when I was at my last job. I had an office to myself, but they were going to move someone in there with me. I sort of had the office set up so that someone else could move into the front part near the door. Then I had jury duty for a couple of days. When I came back, they had rearranged the entire office, moving my desk by the door basically where I had set up space for the other person. I later found out that they did that because they thought I was doing stuff for my personal clients while on the job! :mad: As if. I didn't even have any at that point.

Edit: To be clear, it wasn't like the other person was more senior to me and could decide the arrangement of the room herself. I had been there for a while longer than her. At the most, we should have been able to decide the arrangement together instead of it being forced on me.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Worst case - at least the dating site gets more gals out to the gigs to check me out, it's marketing :thu:

2nd best quote of the day. :D:thu:

--Dave

Quote? It's a sound business development opportunity. I'm gonna "pimp my band" - literally.

Going to take photos of the young guys in the band and run some "would like to meet" ads. Get some local lasses down to check them out. Have to be a bit creative with the "occupation" and "income" section. Got it, I'll make them all trust fund toff time wasters, putting in a few years in the creative arts until the first of their 5 million pound funds matures (at age 30).

Does that me a bad person?

And Dan - you complained about women not seeing musicians as viable life partners - couldn't find the post but didn't someone put on here:

"All you need is love" though sometimes you just have to make do with casual consensual sex.

Back on topic - gigged through the blackout. Off to a wedding now. I'll see how you're all doing tomorrow.

I'm the piano player "off of" Borrowed Books.

Hey all,

We had a major glitch with our ISP yesterday. It affected all four mags (Guitar Player, Bass Player, Keyboard, and Electronic Musician). Websites slowed to a crawl, internal email worked but we couldn't send or receive email from outside the company. And of course, these forums went down.

They scrambled to fix the problem and it looks like we've been back in business since yesterday afternoon Pacific time. Sorry for the panic...

Stephen Fortner

Principal, Fortner Media

Former Editor in Chief, Keyboard Magazine

Digital Piano Consultant, Piano Buyer Magazine

Industry affiliations: Antares, Arturia, Giles Communications, MS Media, Polyverse

Archived