Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

IPad GarageBand update

Phil Aiken

Big one for me. Allows audio import. This means you can take a rough mix, stick it in your iPad and experiment with overdub and arrangement ideas on the fly. Or actually DO overdubs and fly them back in to your main system.
Moog The One, VV 64 EP, Wurlies 200A 140 7300, Forte 7, Mojo 61, OB-6, Prophet 6, Polaris, Hammond A100, Farfisa VIP, ,Young Chang 6', Voyager, E7 Clav, Midiboard, Linnstrument, Seaboard

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very cool. Another thing, among many, that keeps moving me closer to getting a hold of one.

Beethree, have you tried using your iPad live, as a sound module ?

I'm wondering if, using the iPad camera connection and my Motif XF USB connected, I couldn't use the Rock organ in GarageBand live - with those cool touch pad drawbars (I recall Kanker posting a photo of that screen on another iPad thread). From what I've listened to on my MacBook's GarageBand, GB Rock Organ sounds close enough to EVB3, and much better than the organs in the Motif. For Hammond tones I'm digging using VB3 in my Receptor with a MIDI Drawbar controlling it. But, there are some gigs where the rack is impractical; so being able to have the iPad as an alternate clone 'module' - fitting neatly on top of my keyboard - would be great.

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Very cool. Another thing, among many, that keeps moving me closer to getting a hold of one.

Beethree, have you tried using your iPad live, as a sound module ?

I'm wondering if, using the iPad camera connection and my Motif XF USB connected, I couldn't use the Rock organ in GarageBand live - with those cool touch pad drawbars (I recall Kanker posting a photo of that screen on another iPad thread). From what I've listened to on my MacBook's GarageBand, GB Rock Organ sounds close enough to EVB3, and much better than the organs in the Motif. For Hammond tones I'm digging using VB3 in my Receptor with a MIDI Drawbar controlling it. But, there are some gigs where the rack is impractical; so being able to have the iPad as an alternate clone 'module' - fitting neatly on top of my keyboard - would be great.

I think that is what we are all craving... But I would like to see the IPad version of GB be able to run and load samples from Polyphontics GB. Now THAT would be the ticket! It would turn the Ipad into a very useful and compact performance sample player.

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

The iPad works great live, I run my vocals/board and in ear mix fadders on it.

There are other pro bands that are using for far more, look into it as it makes everything so much easier.

Archived