Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

URGENT- Please help Adam Foster / Letter Writing Campaign

Caevan O’Shite

Please see the "UPDATE- Adam Foster's prison-sentence in the UAE"-thread, and please continue to write new letters on Adam's behalf (I've provided new concurrent form-letters for personalization/copy-&-pasting), to ensure his safety while in there...

URGENT- an individual's life-and-death are literally in the balance, please bear with me and read everything here, long though it may be...

Letter/e-mail/FAX writing campaign

Consider the phrase, "it's the least I could do"...

Please help Adam Foster, a neighbor and friend of good friends of mine who's been wrongfully arrested, beaten, TORTURED, threatened with being killed, and forced to sign a falsified "confession" that he couldn't even read (written in Arabic), for allegedly stealing a pair of handcuffs from a police station, handcuffs that he'd found laying in a parking lot. He faces up to seven years imprisonment in the United Arab Emirates, with the very realistic possibility of further beatings, torture, and being murdered. His final hearing is coming up this very Thursday, May 19, 2011...

I've met him in the past, he's from right across the Lake from us here, and he's a friend of other friends of mine.

Recently, US Postal Mail to Washington, DC and other points has been delayed, apparently due to security threats; so electronic/internet communications may prove crucial, with concern of physical mail being delayed while his final trial is to be held on Friday, May 19, 2011...

Please e-mail, message, or FAX the UAE Ambassador and US Government Officials on his behalf. I will post a couple of "Form Letters" below that you can copy, paste and personalize; please be respectful and re-write accordingly with respect to the recipient (I post two examples below).

Here are two such concerned FAX numbers:

UAE Ambassador Yousef Al Otaiba c/o Hagir H. Elawad: FAX (202) 243-2432 (UAE Embassy in Washington)

Assistant Secretary Jeffrey D. Feltman Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs

US Department of State: FAX (202) 736-4462

I will post a long list of MANY relevant addresses, websites with direct contact links, e-mail, FAX numbers, etc. further on this thread.

Example form letters:

Ambassador Yousef Al Otaiba

c/o Hagir H. Elawad

Embassy of the United Arab Emirates

3522 International Court, NW, Suite 400

Washington, D.C. 20008

Dear Mr. Ambassador:

I write to raise your attention to the plight of Adam Foster, a Citizen of the United States of America, who has been detained and mistreated by Law Enforcement, and to respectfully request your assistance in assuring his fair treatment at his trial on May 19.

Adam is a fellow Citizen from the small village of Burdett, NY, US, with many relatives and friends there, and a long-time employee of Cameron, a major oil and gas firm working in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). In February, Adam was detained for being in possession of handcuffs he had found laying on the ground. Adam did not know that he had violated UAE Law and while he was detained he was severely beaten by Law Enforcement. I was shocked to learn that Adam had been tortured with a length of cable and told that unless he signed a confession written in Arabic stating that he had stolen the handcuffs from police they would finish the job. After Adams abuse and coerced confession he is now told that he faces up to seven years in prison. In addition to Adams circumstances, I was alarmed to learn of the recent reports of a British Citizens death at the hands of UAE Law Enforcement.

I urge you to do everything in your power to ensure Adam is treated fairly on May 19, with particular consideration of his illegal torture and coerced confession. For many years Adam has worked alongside his firm to provide engineering and manufacturing services to key industries that help ensure your countrys financial future. Now, as an American Citizen and fellow countryman of Adams, I respectfully request your assistance on Adams behalf.

Sincerely,

Jeffrey D. Feltman

Assistant Secretary

Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs

US Department of State

2201 C Street NW

Washington, D.C. 20520

Dear Secretary Feltman:

I write to raise your attention to the plight of Adam Foster, a Citizen of the United States of America, who has been detained and mistreated by Law Enforcement, and to respectfully request your assistance in assuring his fair treatment at his trial on May 19.

Adam is a fellow Citizen from the small village of Burdett, NY, with many relatives and friends there, and a long-time employee of Cameron, a major oil and gas firm working in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). In February, Adam was detained for being in possession of handcuffs he had found laying on the ground. Adam did not know that he had violated UAE Law and while he was detained he was severely beaten by Law Enforcement. I was shocked to learn that Adam had been tortured with a length of cable and told that unless he signed a confession written in Arabic stating that he had stolen the handcuffs from police they would finish the job. After Adams unwarranted abuse and coerced confession, he is now told that he faces up to seven years in prison. In addition to Adams circumstances, I was alarmed to learn of the recent reports of a British Citizens death at the hands of UAE Law Enforcement.

I- we- urge you to do everything in your power to ensure Adam is treated fairly on May 19, with particular consideration of his illegal torture and coerced confession. Americans the world over are counting on you and the State Department to speak boldly in opposition to human rights violations. Now, as an American Citizen and fellow countryman of Adams, I and my family and friends respectfully request your assistance on Adams behalf.

Sincerely,

Thank you for your time and effort!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's that long list of contact information (feel free to contact your own local representatives, etc. as well):

Ambassador Yousef Al Otaiba

c/o Hagir H. Elawad

Embassy of the United Arab Emirates

3522 International Court, NW, Suite 400

Washington, D.C. 20008

http://www.uae-embassy.org/contact-embassy

FAX (202) 243-2432

Jeffrey D. Feltman

Assistant Secretary

Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs

U.S. Department of State

2201 C Street NW

Washington, DC 20520

FAX (202) 736-4462

Congressman Tom Reed, 29th District

https://reed.house.gov/contact-me/ema...

Corning Office:

89 W. Market Street

Corning, NY 14830

Phone: (607) 654-7566

Fax: (607) 654-7568

Senator Thomas F. OMara, District 53

http://www.nysenate.gov/nyss_senator_...

District Office:

333 East Water Street (3rd Floor, Suite 301)

Elmira, NY 14901

United States

Phone: 607-735-9671

Fax: 607-735-9675

Congressman Reed's Satellite Office:

105 East Steuben Street

Bath, NY 14810

United States

Phone: 607-776-3201

Fax: 607-776-5185

Governor Andrew M. Cuomo:

http://www.governor.ny.gov/contact/Go...

Governor of New York State

NYS State Capitol Building

Albany, NY 12224

Senator Kirsten Gillibrand

http://gillibrand.senate.gov/contact/

Rochester Office:

Kenneth B. Keating Federal Office Building

100 State Street

Room 4195

Rochester, NY 14614

Tel. (585) 263-6250

Fax (585) 263-6247

Senator Gillibrand's Washington, DC Office:

478 Russell

Washington, DC 20510

Tel. (202) 224-4451

Fax (202) 228-0282

Senator Charles Schumer:

http://schumer.senate.gov/new_website...

New York City Office:

757 Third Avenue

Suite 17-02

New York, New York 10017

212-486-4430

Senator Schumer's Washington D.C. Office:

322 Hart Senate Office

Building

Washington D.C. 20510

Phone: 202-224-6542

Fax: 202-228-3027

TTD: 202-224-0420

The Honorable

Ileana Ros-Lehtinen

Chairman

House Committee on Foreign Relations:

2170 Rayburn House Office Building

Washington, DC 20515

Phone: (202) 225-5021

Fax: (202) 226-7269

The Honorable

Hillary Rodham-Clinton

U.S. Department of State

2201 C Street NW

Washington, DC 20520

Main Switchboard:

202-647-4000

http://contact-us.state.gov/cgi-bin/sta ... td_alp.php

(The salutation would be: Dear Madam Secretary)

The Vice President of the United States

The White House

1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW

Washington, DC 20501

Comments: 202-456-1111

Switchboard: 202-456-1414

FAX: 202-456-2461

http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact-vp

(The Salutation would be: Dear Mr. Vice President)

The President of the United States

The White House

1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW

Washington, DC 20500

Comments: 202-456-1111

Switchboard: 202-456-1414

FAX: 202-456-2461

http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact

(The salutation would be: Dear Mr. President)

Hmmm...it may take a while to take action on this C O'S [in fact, I now notice that the "final hearing" dtae is already passed :( ] but if it's good enough for you, it's good enough for me !

If ya want, keep me posted on this via PM.

d=halfnote

Shoot, sorry, reproduced typo, Thursday May 19...

Also, while still cutting it close, this campaign had been started a while back; still, last minute or not, all the help, pressure, and leverage that can possibly be mustered might make a difference.

I got nothing but time....I'll write some letters. The hearing is tomorrow....but it may still help after the fact. They might "convict" him just to make a point, but then capitulate on the punishment.

"And so I definitely, when I have a daughter, I have a lot of good advice for her."

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

Thanks, guys.

Considering how little time is left- and particularly the recent delays in the US Postal Mail (the reason I posted this thread to begin with), FAXES, e-mails, and direct messages via website-links, etc. are at least as important as mailed letters.

Regretfully, I've found that many of the links I provided above (that I in turn had been provided with) are difficult to use, or even dead-end duds...

Please see the "UPDATE- Adam Foster's prison-sentence in the UAE"-thread, and please continue to write new letters on Adam's behalf (I've provided new concurrent form-letters for personalization/copy-&-pasting), to ensure his safety while in there...

Gifthorse- it's it the United Arab Emirates, not Saudi Arabia.

Sas'- While it is good that he received what may seem a light sentence, after being threatened with being murdered or sentenced to seven years, even less than a day in there can be PLENTY bad, as Adam's experience (beatings, torture, forced "confession") has already proven beyond any doubt...

Bear in mind that quite recently, the same UAE "Law Enforcement" murdered a British citizen.

Please continue to put pressure on the Ambassador of the UAE, the Assistant Secretary of our own US Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs, The President, your own local Representatives, and other gov't officials, to make sure of NOTHING happening to him in the interim; hopefully, his coming out unscathed will be considered important by all those "behind the scenes"...

Thanks again to everyone!

Archived