Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Dang, i need to stop

Guitarzan

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does this mean you forget to wash your hands even after using the bathroom, THEN grabbing your guitar?

EWWW! :sick:

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

Oh Emm Gee!! :D:thu:

So, 'Zan, izzitt the fretboard, the back of the neck, all of the above, or whutt that is so in-stained in the wood-grain?

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

seems to be the fretboard mostly, a combo of my hands and the strings. it isn't bad and i am sure some steel wool will get rid of most of it next string change.

A little naptha (old fashioned refill lighter-fluid) used in a very well ventilated area, with safety-safety-safety and safety in mind, properly disposing of any used rags, steel-wool, etc., can do a great job.

After it's been as thoroughly cleaned as can be, consider either having just the fretboard hard-finished with poly, or seriously applying some tung-oil followed by Butcher's Wax to the whole shebang, fretboard, back and all.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Oh, come on, Reif, you in particular MUST have some good advice for maple-fretboard cleaning and care!

Well, I powder my necks constantly, and every so often I'll take some guitar polish and clean off the buildup...I don't own an oiled neck axe.....yet.... :cool:

Never a DUH! moment! Well, almost never. OK, OK! Sometimes never!

Archived