Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

SUMMER NAMM 2011 OPENS TO ALL!

Editor Boy

For one of the first times ever, the "trade only" NAMM show is opening its doors to the public during the summer event in Nashville on Saturday, July 23. The Music Player Network (BASS PLAYER, ELECTRONIC MUSICIAN, GUITAR PLAYER, and KEYBOARD) is part of a joint effort with NAMM to present WANNA PLAY MUSIC DAY an event that will include consumer clinics, master classes, concerts, and "first looks" at all the new gear debuted by exhibitors at the show.

For years, the mystique of NAMM has thrilled all musicians from seasoned players to obsessed enthusiasts to starry-eyed beginners, says Music Player Network Editorial Director Michael Molenda. it should be no surprise the MPN reader communities are eagerly awaiting Wanna Play Music Day. Letting the public experience all that shiny new gear is a great opportunity in itself, but Wanna Play Music Day also seeks to educate musicians about how to play better, and how to sound betterboth essential missions of MPN. Were looking forward to serving this energized musician community.

On Saturday, July 23, were changing the sign out front of Summer NAMM from TRADE ONLY to MUSICIANS WELCOME!, said Joe Lamond, president and CEO, NAMM. And we couldnt think of a better way to tell them about it than by working with some of the leading consumer magazines in the industry.

Tickets for Summer NAMMs Wanna Play Music Day are $15 in advance (before July 8) $20 thereafter (July 8-23), and are on sale at www.namm.org/summer/2011/wannaplay.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've recently attended my first NAMM show, 2011, in Anaheim. To those of you who haven't yet experienced it, I have some advice. 1. Get plenty of rest- Your head will be spinning from all the stuff you will see and hear.

2. Do not be afraid to talk to the product vendors. They are there to answer any questions you may have.

Believe me, you will be exhausted when you are done walking around. Also, get a vendor map of the show. That way you can check out what you want right away. I'm not sure if Iconic Metal will be there or not, but if we are, stop in and say hi.

Archived