Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Operation Blue Strat Update

LeftyBlues

Some of you have shown genuine interest, which I appreciate, in my MIM strat refin. I had the luxury of dry sunny weather Friday (only the 4th sunny day in April here - ugh) AND took the day off work for an awards luncheon with my wife. I wet sanded the strat in the morning then late afternoon sprayed two light coats and what I hoped was the finish coat. Got one sag/run below the lower bout and bumped into the upper horn dangit! Beer's funny that way.... So I'll need to wait a week and then wet sand the two boo boos and that should be the last coat of blue. I'll almost certainly give her a clear coat after she sits for a few weeks - time to order the neck! Thanks for your interest folks.

L.B.

I was born at night but I wasn't born last night...

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best of luck with fixing those unfortunate blemishes, but don't be too hard on your beer- you're right, beer's funny, but doesn't laughter lube the wheels as the world goes 'round? ;)

And yes, looking forward to some pho-tos... :thu::cool:

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Don't forget the pics...

Nothing new or different Larry, still your basic blue chunk o' wood. I will post a pic once the final coat is on, probably be a few weeks as I want to shoot at least one coat of clear. All it does here is rain, so I have a feeling this project may end up on hold until fall depending on when the humid weather hits. It's not my only guitar (go figure!) so it's all good.

Don't forget the pics...

Nothing new or different Larry, still your basic blue chunk o' wood. I will post a pic once the final coat is on, probably be a few weeks as I want to shoot at least one coat of clear. All it does here is rain, so I have a feeling this project may end up on hold until fall depending on when the humid weather hits. It's not my only guitar (go figure!) so it's all good.

I was thinking about when that neck you are ordering comes in it will change the look in the pictures just a little...looking forward to it!

Take care, Larryz

I hear you Larry! I think Warmoth has a 4 week leadtime for ordered necks so I'm close to pulling the trigger on that sucker. Also need to find a proper Fender logo for the big headstock, and locking tuners, and shielding foil...

Archived