Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Band Documentation

Outkaster

I just got the word I will be doing the books for the band because of a problem with the business end of things with the person doing it before. I can set up the basic information but my excel skills are not the best with the programming aspect. I have to be able to show:

1. What income comes in

2. What goes out in expenses

3. The ability to show money split up 9 ways (for each member)

4. Any money being carried over

What if any ways is anyone doing it now that covers doing the books for their band? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jason

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quickbooks can do everything you need. 1099 as well.

+1. I'll go a step further and say that even Quicken Deluxe is enough, and you'll save $150 or so (don't bother with Quicken Home & Business). It's not true double-entry accounting (like Quickbooks), and it won't automatically do 1099s (which will take you about 15 minutes once a year), but for cataloging and categorizing income and expense, it's sufficient.

Larry.

What about the web version of QuickBooks?

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

What about the web version of QuickBooks?

I've never used the web-based software so I don't know how it compares featurewise, but with the monthly fees they charge (only the first 30 days are free as I read their promo materials) it looks like it would quickly end up costing more than the stand-alone software.

Larry.

Ah, okay. I didn't remember that, but did want to mention that it exists in case the info was useful.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Archived