Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Baghdad Hotel bombed...with French Missles.

The crux of the problem isn't that I can't find data to back what GZ has said, the crux of the problem it's that GZ has states as fact information that can't be substantiated. It's pretty clear that GZ says a lot of things that are just figments of his imagination and this is another case of that. Knowing something about social security issues, I can tell you that no politician is talking about increasing social security benefits right now. They are talking about delaying social security eligibility, reducing benefits, and restructuring social security into investment plans to keep the system from becoming insolvent. Again, GZ makes up his facts and when challenged about their authenticity he is again and again unable to substantiate them.

"The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis

maintain their neutrality."

[Dante Alighieri] (1265-1321)

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Right.. It is simply too much to believe that a democrat could have said that republicans want to cut social security and it got reported in the major media. Even though the republicans were simply asking for a smaller increase. That would be a stretch to imagine..huh? I had no idea that every newscast ever broadcast had a transcript on the internet. I tried to find the silly comments made by Reed Coleman our local airhead news lady about Bob Dole and there is no record whatsoever. Of course I heard her say it.. So from now on, I guess the only answer is to forget what I read, forget what I hear and forget what is said and instead spend all my time doing Google searches so Alchy can be satiated.. unbelievable..

Mark G.

"A man may fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame others" -- John Burroughs

"I consider ethics, as well as religion, as supplements to law in the government of man." -- Thomas Jefferson

Right.. It is simply too much to believe that a democrat could have said that republicans want to cut social security and it got reported in the major media. Even though the republicans were simply asking for a smaller increase. That would be a stretch to imagine..huh? I had no idea that every newscast ever broadcast had a transcript on the internet. I tried to find the silly comments made by Reed Coleman our local airhead news lady about Bob Dole and there is no record whatsoever. Of course I heard her say it.. So from now on, I guess the only answer is to forget what I read, forget what I hear and forget what is said and instead spend all my time doing Google searches so Alchy can be satiated.. unbelievable..

Mark G.

"A man may fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame others" -- John Burroughs

"I consider ethics, as well as religion, as supplements to law in the government of man." -- Thomas Jefferson

[quote] So you're saying that, because your "local airhead" newsperson said it, then it's true? More so because it can't so far be found on the Internet?? Surely you can do better than that... [/quote]Weak.

[quote]Originally posted by Wow: [b] [quote] So you're saying that, because your "local airhead" newsperson said it, then it's true? More so because it can't so far be found on the Internet?? Surely you can do better than that... [/quote]Weak.[/b][/quote]It is weak. That's why I called him on it. Are [i]you[/i] offering anything substantial?

You know the evidence for WMD. This is just like that! The example of NPR and Fox report isn't even remotely close to the issues Democrats and Republicans are talking about when it comes to Social Security. Not only do I doubt any report was every made, but I think any Democrat or Republican senator that said such a thing would be laughed at. The example isn't only a fiction, it's an unlikely fiction.

Archived