Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Best "LIVE" Grammys act?

BP3

I'm not sold on her yet. She's talented, attractive, and marketable, but I haven't heard a song of hers that's wowed me. I saw her with McCoy last summer and her playing seemed a little hesitant to me. Obviously she's got a long career ahead of her and I'm interested in what's to come.
If you were playing with McCoy, wouldn't you be hesitant? ;)
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't see them all. I liked Mick w/ Rafael Saadiq leading the band (Questlove tweeted "We had this gig w/ mick in the bag but had to pass." That would have been cool as well).

I also liked the one with Pepper Potts and that weird super villain on piano.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I didn't even bother watching. So much of this either is rap, hip hop, or pop-disco revised. What ever happened to distinctive music like the Beatles, The Doors, U2, The Police, stc? Now it all sounds the same to me.

I'll bet your dad said the same thing about the music you listen to. Just sayin'. It's a generational thing. My grandma thinks all music made since 1960 sounds the same.

There's still great new music coming out every day, and to paraphrase Ferris Bueller, if you don't pay attention once in a while, you'll miss it.

There's still great new music coming out every day, and to paraphrase Ferris Bueller, if you don't pay attention once in a while, you'll miss it.

:thu:

There is always spectacular new music to hear.

+1 You just gotta look for it, like i said before don't expect to hear something refreshing and exciting from the radio, you probably won't.

And don't limit yourself to just the US, we got 195 countries in the world and most of them have something good to offer, musically speaking. :thu:

"The purple piper plays his tune, The choir softly sing; Three lullabies in an ancient tongue, For the court of the crimson king"

I thought it was a nice tribute to Solomon Burke, Mick at least sang in tune, which was better than some (with Red Hair).
Kurzweil PC3x, Nord Electro 3, Nord C-1, Casio Privia PX-3, Yamaha DX-7, Korg Polysix, Moog Taurus 3, Yamaha Motif XS (rack),Ventilator, QSC K12, K10

Archived