Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Any transcribed Stevie Wonders synth bass to.......

AMarsh01

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any comments on the quality of the transcriptions? And how do they handle things like the doubled (or trebled) clav parts in Superstition?

JP

1935 Mason & Hamlin Model A

Korg Kronos 2 73

Nord Electro 6D 61

Yam S90ES

Rhodes Stage 73 (1972)

Any comments on the quality of the transcriptions? And how do they handle things like the doubled (or trebled) clav parts in Superstition?

JP

If you're going for accuracy as per the recording, not great, in spite of the book's title. :)

There are two clav parts in Superstition - lots of 'subliminal' overdubs, but just two parts.

I'm pretty sure I've posted this before, but since it's come up again, here are the Superstition clav parts for the basic lick:

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/7227/superstitionclavparts.jpg

Of course there are variations throughout, but this is the most "typical" one. This is my own transcription, based on studying and analyzing the original recording, dozens of live videos, and the multitrack masters (or at least, what I imagine they would sound like, since they've never been officially legally released for me to hear :whistle: ).

I'm pretty sure I've posted this before, but since it's come up again, here are the Superstition clav parts for the basic lick:

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/7227/superstitionclavparts.jpg

Of course there are variations throughout, but this is the most "typical" one. This is my own transcription, based on studying and analyzing the original recording, dozens of live videos, and the multitrack masters (or at least, what I imagine they would sound like, since they've never been officially legally released for me to hear :whistle: ).

The Link is broken.

Archived