Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Quote of the week.....?

JpScoey

I'm sure it will be a great board, but 3 days after it hits store shelves, everyone here will be taking a piss all over it, like every other board that comes down the pipe.

I know, 3 days is a stretch.

Here for the gear.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_BYX14125JUQ/R7-c16enrWI/AAAAAAAAEsU/NMAsZgFQrP0/s400/Smiling_Bob.jpg

Why am I smiling? Because I just scored a new KRONOS!

My, what a GAME CHANGER! (But for some reason it reeks of urine!)

:laugh:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

While the Kronos has nine types of synthesis, the Meowsic has nine lives of of synthesis.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Vibrate the universe man. Every atom you move increases entropy, and that's a good thing

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Music is a living, breathing organism; it is not brain surgery, and no one dies if there is a small burst of malpractice

Yamaha C7 Grand, My Hammonds: '57 B3, '54 C2, '42 BC, '40 D, '05 XK3 Pro System, Kawai MP9000, Fender Rhodes Mk I 73, Yamaha CP33, Motif ES6, Nord Electro 2, Minimoog Voyager & Model D, Korg MS10

"You owe it to us all to get on with what you're good at." W.H. Auden

A great quote and perhaps even better when it follows:

"It is a danger to create something and risk rejection. It is a greater danger to create nothing and allow mediocrity to rule."

"It is a danger to create something and risk rejection. It is a greater danger to create nothing and allow mediocrity to rule."

This sort-of relates to my post on 'Band Protocol'.

We're looking for a new (bloke)!!! singer, & I stumbled across this on a 'Musicians Wanted' site -

:"After giving up the drums for a woman 12 years ago, I have the urge to hit something

and so have decided to start drumming again"..... :rimshot:... :D

John.

some stuff on myspace

Nord: StageEX-88, Electro2-73, Hammond: XK-1, Yamaha: XS7

Korg: M3-73 EXpanded, M50-88, X50, Roland: Juno D, Kurzweil: K2000vp.

I create origional scales and push the limits of music theory while singing.

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

• 9 months later...
Sometimes, if you're playing a rock solo, you might just end up going yabayaba-penta-yaba-blues-yaba-something

• 3 weeks later...
I love threads with legs
Daviel, I do too, but what about if a thread also has a tail, and it just keeps chasing it? LOL

• 4 months later...
I've heard flushing toilets with a better Leslie sim than the XK-2

Was that stereo or mono? :cool:

I always flush in stereo. It doesn't really matter to me what my flush sounds like in the room, as long as it's satisfying sounding in my stall. It makes it more inspiring when I take a shit. :rawk:

• 3 weeks later...

In a review of the MuseBox:

absolutely no Rhodes that were even that good; besides not sounding remotely authentic, they were all so thin and weak that I'm pretty sure they'd get buried in the mix by a flute.

• 9 months later...

"Man is a piece of slithering swamp sh*t

who inexplicably plays the piano rather well

while behaving as a model for the next Troma film."

~ My misogynistic painter pal

"Its kinda noisy at night,

but if you close your eyes,

it sounds like jazz."

~ "Raising Hope"

This week's hero: Malcolm Arnold, who, under the gun of an Oscar submission deadline for "Bridge On the River Kwai," wrote the whole soundtrack in 10 days. He won the Academy Award for it. Alright, Malcolm!!

"I like that rapper with the bullet in his nose!"
 "Yeah, Bulletnose! One sneeze and the whole place goes up!"
       ~ "King of the Hill"

• 2 weeks later...
We're in Heaven and people are bitching about the lighting.

• 3 weeks later...
After all, isn't it really up to me what compromises I want to make?

NO!!! It is your immutable duty to bring your best available representation of every sound you use to every gig you play, regardless of cost or context! I have seen the error of my ways, and from here out will be bringing my CP-5 (for piano), SV-1 (for EPs), Mojo (for organ), Stage 2 (for Clav) and Kronos (for synths) any time I need to play "Brick House," "Play That Funky Music," and "Me and Bobby McGee." For I have learned that if I fail to bring 250 pounds and $135,000 worth of gear, I am disrespecting all the people who payed a $0 cover charge to spend 20 minutes drinking in a bar where they might be vaguely aware that a live band rather than a DJ is providing the music they're yelling over and grinding to while they try to get laid.

2. Cutting [orchestra] players. Doesn't work. I did "The Planets" last year with an orchestra that had 6 cellos and 3 basses. The famous "War" sounded like "A polite disagreement". :facepalm:

• 2 months later...
"there comes a time when you simply gotta shellack it and turn it in for a grade"

Archived