Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Where to buy rack ears for a Hammond XM2?

Keybass

I just went down the local hardware store. Hacksawed a sheet of aluminum to size, a little black spraypaint, drill holes to fit, Blamo! Perfect.

Korg Kronos 2 61, Kronos 1 61, Dave Smith Mopho x4, 1954 Hammond C2, Wurlitzer 200A, Yamaha Motif 6, Casio CDP-100, Alesis Vortex Wireless, too much PA gear!

It says contact store to purchase:

Contact Store To Purchase

* Guitar Center Brea

* 606 S. Brea Blvd.

* Brea, CA 92821

* 714-672-0103

It looks to me like this item isn't in the GC warehouse it is at a particular store and you need to contact that store.

• 10 years later...
I have been searching for rack ears for my XM2C module. I have contacted Suzuki & Hammond they are no longer in their inventories. Is there a shop I can special order or fabricated at a private business? Please help there must be a source available

KORG Kronos 76key/ Triton Extreme 88key

Dave Smith Instruments PROPHET 8/NEO Ventilator/ROLAND V-Synth GT/ACCESS Virus TI 2/ROLAND Jupiter80

JBL Pro LSR6328P Studio Monitors & JBL Pro LSR6312P Subwoofer

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 7/28/2021 at 5:48 PM, Jr. Deluxe said:

Can you just get a rack tray and velcro it down?

Yes I have considered a tray as a last final option. I’m hoping to find a metal shop or fabricator. Professional musicians have sources to repair, modify or fabricate just need to put this out there for the right people to see this 

Dave Smith Instruments PROPHET 8/NEO Ventilator/ROLAND V-Synth GT/ACCESS Virus TI 2/ROLAND Jupiter80

On 11/12/2010 at 12:25 PM, Keybass said:

I'm having a hard time locating a pair of ears for my Hammond XM2, any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Did you locate a source to fabricate a set of rack ears oDA4E636B-AFE2-49EC-B7B0-E63245169517.thumb.png.90488cdcc55d69bcb2eee429209bf711.png

Is there a source that can fabricate a set of rack ears or are is there a shop that has in stock for ordering purposes?

please help 2030132E-4096-455D-A709-E4259DA3D3B4.thumb.png.33775aad6d4c3a7bddb6e13094664c96.png

Those rack ears were rare even back when they were in stock. I SERIOUSLY doubt they will turn up now. But I'll bet someone with a 3D printer can easily mfg that. It's just a bent piece of angle with 4 holes in it.

Or if you live in any decently big city find any metal shop with a mill. Take a rack and the xmc down with you and tell the designer what you want. Its gonna be expensive though. I'm guess 100 bucks each ear. That stuff is expensive unless you buy them by the 100 pc.

Or look for ANY rack ears on ebay and be ready to drill new holes in it.

FunMachine.

A 3D printer is the wrong tool - plastic won’t hold up, but you can make them yourself with basic tools. 

Start with generic rack ears like these: https://www.parts-express.com/Penn-Elcom-R1206-1U-Rack-Mount-Bracket-1U-262-240?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI94X7w7Wn9gIVchh9Ch3ycAqYEAQYAiABEgImTfD_BwE

Then use a piece of paper to transfer the hole pattern from your module (you can do a rubbing with a crayon or pencil to transfer the shape of the rack plus the holes), and then drill holes in the generic rack ears to match your module’s holes.  The hardest part may be finding screws that are the right size and type, but a trip to your hardware store should get you started.

NOTE - the above link is for ONE rack ear. If you buy that product, make sure you buy 2.

Try what TJ says. But I don't think those ears are wide enough.  Hammond stuff is always squirrely.   You can find  a local Ornamental iron works shop and take your module and this picture and a set of ears made.  I have a local shop that has fabricated stuff for me in the past.    They will need to know the total width for a standard  rack. 

But if generic ears will reach that is the way to go.  

XM2.jpg

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt