Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Chick Corea 'Dual of the Jester...' solo transcription

AMarsh01

Hi all

I've recently bought myself a Moog Little Phatty synth, and having a great time playing it. One of my all time favourite synth solos is Chick Corea's Minimoog solo on 'Duel of the Jester and the Tyrant' from the 'Romantic Warrior' album. I just wondered whether anyone had a transcription of this solo?

Cheers

Andrew

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One of my favorites too. Can't help with the transcription- I suggest you start listening to it one phrase at a time! :)

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

Hi guys

Thanks for all the responses. I have attempted to transcribe bits of this solo with varying success. I don't really get on with transcribing software :( Does anyone know whether there was a transcription of this in KB magazine, and if so which issue? Even better, could anyone scan a copy for me :) ?

Cheers

Andrew

Hi guys

I don't really get on with transcribing software :(

What do you mean by that if you don't mind my asking sir? The reason I press the matter is that transcribing/slow down software is a powerful tool that makes the laborious and tedious process infinitely easier. Perhaps you haven't given these tools a fair shake?

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

Archived