Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Older clonewheels supporting midi parameters

Gary75

I need a single manual clone with drawbars to midi up to my receptor with VB3. However I need the clones tabs and drawbars to send data.

I remember my XK3 didn't work well at all. But I'm looking at maybe an XK2 or something else square ended keys.

Had my first gig in a long time last night, need to rethink my gig rig for small venues.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe this app is for converting the controller data from Hammonds XK1 and XK3 to match those of the VB3. I haven't tried it myself though, but there is a demo version so you can try it yourself. They also seem to have a more traditional midi mapper if you want to do all the conversion yourself.

The downside is it seems to be windows only, so no luck for Mac users like me... :(

Edit: I see you're a Receptor user, and this is a windows VST so it might work in the Receptor, right?

Too much stuff, too little time, too few gigs, should spend more time practicing...!  🙄

main instruments: Nord Stage 3 compact, Yamaha CP88, Kurzweil PC4, Viscount KeyB Legend Live

Hmm, this might not work with a Receptor after all. It needs a VST host that support sending MIDI from one VST to another. Does anyone know if the Receptor supports this? When thinking about it - is this even possible in Cubase and/or other DAWs? In modular VST invironments like Plouge Bidule (and the VSThost which is suggested in the MIDIkarval manual) there should be no problem doing so, but I wonder if there's many DAWs that supports this.

Too much stuff, too little time, too few gigs, should spend more time practicing...!  🙄

main instruments: Nord Stage 3 compact, Yamaha CP88, Kurzweil PC4, Viscount KeyB Legend Live

Yeah, I had talks with Guido a couple of years ago on Hammond transmitting to VB3. Could not do it in the software, but maybe an Event Midi Mapper programmes would work. I just need a list of viable older cheapy clones that can transmit all tabs/drawbars.

Hmm, this might not work with a Receptor after all. It needs a VST host that support sending MIDI from one VST to another. Does anyone know if the Receptor supports this? When thinking about it - is this even possible in Cubase and/or other DAWs? In modular VST invironments like Plouge Bidule (and the VSThost which is suggested in the MIDIkarval manual) there should be no problem doing so, but I wonder if there's many DAWs that supports this.

Receptor does not support "midi plugins"...i.e. plugins that convert and/or send midi to other plugins.

You need a midi solutions event processor or similar external box to ahceive this on Receptor, unless your controller allows you to specify what cc# your drawbar or slider sends.

Moog The One, VV 64 EP, Wurlies 200A 140 7300, Forte 7, Mojo 61, OB-6, Prophet 6, Polaris, Hammond A100, Farfisa VIP, ,Young Chang 6', Voyager, E7 Clav, Midiboard, Linnstrument, Seaboard

Does is need to have real drawbars? If not, this is the least expensive way to get waterfall keys: Studiologic VMK-161 Organ

You could add the OBD Nord Drawbar unit and configure it for use with VB3; it's programmable with MIDI SysEx commands to tell it what CC#s to listen for on each drawbar.

As far as getting the controller's CC#s to line up with VB3, you can do that from either side: program the VMK's faders and buttons to send the CC#s VB3 listens for by default, or you can program VB3's controls (by editing its .INI file) to listen for the VMK's defaults or one of its included CC templates.

I use the single-manual version of VB3 built into GSi's KeyPerformer, with a V-Machine.

Legend '70s Compact, Studiologic Numa X 73

Archived