Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Time magazine's 10 Greatest Electric-Guitar Players list...

rwgtr

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SEH & I are going to collaborate on a book of poetry soon... if we ever finish it, we'll spam it out to you all sometime!

That IS OK with you, SEH, ain't it?....

Absolutely !

In fact, I'd like to remind everyone that signed editions will be available at a considerable discount to Guitar Player Forum alumni. :cop::D

SEHpicker

SEHpicker

The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

OK my top ten of the 20th century

Django

Chet Atkins

Segovia

Van Halen

Hendrix (both on the same level really in terms of influence)

Wes

Dave Gilmour

Allan Holdsworth

Leo Kottke

Tommy Emmanuele (arguably the best steel string guitarist technically in the world)

Of course this list is silly. Anyone could come up with 10 different lists in 1 week. That's why it is kind of fun to brainstorm, it is pretty worthless.

You know there are always guys who you forget about that suddenly you consider..

But notice Slash wasn't ANYWHERE near my top ten, or Carlos.

Not to say they aren't nice guys. They probably are. Or that they haven't had some incredible businessmen, and marketing to forward their careers.

I suppose I was just judging on originality and actual talent, not visibility through marketing.

But that is all personal opinion.

Django DID record on electric guitar towards the end of his career. My guitar teacher told me about it, but I never heard it. But he was primarily known as an acoustic player.

Segovia hated the electric guitar, and considered that "all this rock'n'roll is so much garbage." Still enjoy his records, though!

Archived