Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

VST to AU conversion?

execlass2

Can anyone advise of a good, cheap and cheerful program to "wrap" a Windows VST (i) so that it works on a Mac environment like any other AU plugin - standalone and within Logic?
Kawai MP7, Kurzweil PC361, DSI Pro2, Streichfett, Nektar P6, NI Maschine Studio, KMI QuNeo, Eventide H9, Zoom MS100BT, VoiceLive 3 Extreme, Arturia BeatStep Pro.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At various times, such software has been available from fxpansion (makers of BFD drum program) and AudioEase (makers of Altiverb convolution reverb).

My recollection is that the fxpansion program is still current. But I think there might be some caveats (compatibilities, versioning, etc.). If the vendor websites don't make things clear enough, try their forums. I know this gets discussed on the fxpansion forums, at least -- haven't visited Audio Ease's forum.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

I don't think you're going to be able to run Windows VSTs in Logic, but most of them are either available on Mac which can be wrapped as Mark has pointed out, or are already available as AUs. You could always slave a host on a Win machine to Logic....
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

Hmm, that one's pretty new (June 2010), but I wonder how it slipped in under the radar? I don't remember seeing it announced at sonicstate or harmony-central, or discussed on other forums.

Looks interesting. SM Pro makes hardware (rack modules, etc.), so I guess this is their first foray into software.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

SM Pro makes the V-Machine. I noticed that Mac Software requires X11. Which is what you would need if you originally wrote it for embedded Linux. Which is the OS that the V-Machine runs on.

http://createdigitalmusic.com/tag/v-machine/

Boards: Kurzweil SP-6, Roland FA-08, VR-09, DeepMind 12

Modules: Korg Radias, Roland D-05, Bk7-m & Sonic Cell

Oh, I took a closer look and saw the relationship of this software to V-Machine, but it says it can run independently of that.

Very interesting. This definitely bears further investigation.

Thanks for the tips.

I think I downloaded the VFX software before, but somehow completely forgot about it. I have some old Windows VST's that I would like to give a second look now, since I've switched over to a Mac two years ago. Btw, the product from FXpansion only appears on their "legacy" product list, so I guess they stopped its development.

Kawai MP7, Kurzweil PC361, DSI Pro2, Streichfett, Nektar P6, NI Maschine Studio, KMI QuNeo, Eventide H9, Zoom MS100BT, VoiceLive 3 Extreme, Arturia BeatStep Pro.

Archived