Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Kbd Mag- a new low

mcgoo

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, anyone here know of any other keyboard heroes KEYBOARD should cover?

How 'bout Valentina Lisitsa :freak:

She's out of this world, incredible ! Not only virtuoso chops but a great musician as well.

I'd actually buy a copy of the mag if they did a story on her.

Hey Dave,

I have the DVD of Valentina playing the 24 Chopin etudes. I highly recommend it - she is simply magnificent! Many great close-up shots of her hands as she plays.

Kirk

Reality is like the sun - you can block it out for a time but it ain't goin' away...

Kirk-

Yeah, I saw that DVD on her MySpace page. I should pick that up. I saw a video somewhere where she's playing the hell out of the double thirds/op. 25 #6 G# minor.

Really inspiring. I need to find someone to go back to and start studying this stuff more diligently again. I REALLY need to wean myself off these time sucking, f...ing internet forums and get serious at the piano again.

For as long as I've been playing these pieces--I suck. :laugh:

https://soundcloud.com/dave-ferris

https://www.youtube.com/@daveferris2709

2005 NY Steinway D, Yamaha AvantGrand N3X, CP88, P515

People should be aghast at the pages devoted to Diane Warren, probably the most detestable, hack songwriter ever. :mad:
But but she wrote the theme that was used for Enterprise!!!

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

have the DVD of Valentina playing the 24 Chopin etudes. I highly recommend it - she is simply magnificent! Many great close-up shots of her hands as she plays.

That YouTube/Rachmaninoff clip of her blew my mind. :freak:

Are you working toward Triple Bannination? ;)
If it's a secret, I'll never know. :freak:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

For the record, I'm not into Deadmau5's music (or would that be Deadmau5'). While I'm into electronic/dance music, his stuff isn't exactly my thing. But then again, you could put a jazz musician on the cover, and I may not be into their music either. Those people may be pictured on the cover in a way that appears stuffy, boring, or musically tired to me - but I figure if Keyboard took the time to do an article on them, there's probably something worth looking into there.

Let's also not forget - Keyboard Magazine isn't a non-profit organization. They are in the business of selling magazines (or selling ad space in magazines). It's obvious that they want to cover a variety of genres and provide interesting content for a wide music-making demographic.

As for the person who didn't get my James Cameron, etc. analogy - I don't get the whole argument that someone has to be a "player" to be a legitimate music maker. So much art is about what is created - not the ability to create it in one live-action, continuous swoop. Movies, photography, architecture - they're all forms of art, and the production process, editing, etc. are all accepted parts of that art. In my book, there is art in music production too (IMO, quite often more art than a player re-hashing a blues scale or chord progression that's been tired for decades already).

Archived