Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2010-2011 Thread

Geoff Grace

In case anyone was wondering (I doubt you were, but let's pretend anyway), my Tuesday Morning (Keyboard) Cornerback article for week 16 will be a Tuesday Night article due to the schedule shift. I like getting the entire week in each article, for seemingly obvious reasons.

Make sure you cover the Seahawks, who are poised to shock the world by winning the NFC West, then running the table to a Super Bowl victory.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In case anyone was wondering (I doubt you were, but let's pretend anyway), my Tuesday Morning (Keyboard) Cornerback article for week 16 will be a Tuesday Night article due to the schedule shift. I like getting the entire week in each article, for seemingly obvious reasons.

Make sure you cover the Seahawks, who are poised to shock the world by winning the NFC West, then running the table to a Super Bowl victory.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r141/acalles1/smiley-rofl.gifhttp://rugbyfirst.freepowerboards.com/images/smilies/1/9/Laughing_RoflSmileyLJ.gifhttp://s4.tinypic.com/w1xkba_th.jpghttp://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/lol-041.gifhttp://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt99/nakaryah/ROFL.gif

By the way, no Brett Favre tonight. He didn't pass his concussion tests.

Best,

Geoff

But Webb is actually playing decent, and the Vikes D is keeping them in the game.

My solemn prayer to the football gods: If Minny is going to cover, let them win this one, just as a big F U to the Philly bandwagoners.

My solemn prayer to the football gods: If Minny is going to cover, let them win this one, just as a big F U to the Philly bandwagoners.

But what about those of us who've been suffering with this pathetic team since the '60s? Helloooo.....

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

But what about those of us who've been suffering with this pathetic team since the '60s? Helloooo.....

dB

Which one, Philly or Minny? :D

I simply can't believe F the Eagles. Just F 'em. This is their effort with the 2 seed and the bye on the line? Just to screw the Giants.

Now the Bears are in as the 2 with a very minimal shot at the 1 and virtually nothing to play for. In fact, by the time the BEars take the field in GB on Sunday, the Falcons will have destroyed the Panthers and Chi will have NOTHING to play for, while the packers have everything. Yuck.

I mean we put ourselves in this position, but talk about the last chance not breaking right.

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

I mean we put ourselves in this position....

Nothing else matters but this sentence. Sorry, but I can't take pity on you when you gakked up a 3-score lead in half a quarter of play.

At least your other NY team is actually going to the playoffs, even if only to be a sacrificial lamb before the altar of Patriot dominance.

I mean we put ourselves in this position....

Nothing else matters but this sentence. Sorry, but I can't take pity on you when you gakked up a 3-score lead in half a quarter of play.

Well, OK. I detect a little residual enmity here from a certain historic upset, but whatever.

The "Girly Men" certainly made their own beds this year, and the funny thing is the Philly collapse would be just a side note if they hadn't thrown away about three other games they statistically dominated. That was why I had felt good about them should they find their way in. But they didn't catch a break, so likely no redemption opportunity for the Giants.

Only one week remaining in whats turned out to be a pretty exciting and cool NFL season. For now, lets see what happened in Week 16 here on the Tuesday Morning (Keyboard) Cornerback!

Now that the season is almost done, weve managed to get pretty respectable in our collective picks in the Pick Em Pool. Congrats to the five-way tie for first this week between kanker, Geoff Grace, ProfD, GovernorSilver, and richwhite9 this week, all with an impressive 10 points. Two notable performances here: first, kanker managed to grab the top rung despite missing the first two games of the week. Wow! Second, hats off to richwhite9 for being the only one of us to choose Minnesota over Philadelphia. Really, that gaudy 14.5 point line should have been a giant red flag for all of us. More on that game in a moment.

We also had a four-way tie in second place. Mid Life Crisis, me, dB, and griffinator picked up 8 points, while antimatter and Magpel had 6. The low man on this totem pole was saku, with 5 points. Thats a win average of 8.25, which aint too shabby. Congrats to all.

So, coming into the final week, we still have some tight races, and the winner is by no means a lock. Current standings as follows:

1. ProfD (127)

2. Geoff Grace (125)

3. antimatter (123)

4. kanker (121)

5. richwhite9 (116)

6. Mid Life Crisis (114)

7. dB (114)

8. Magpel (113)

9. jeffk_nfl2010 (112)

10.GovernorSilver (111)

11. griffinator (108)

12. saku (105)

Divisional Musings

NFC East: Philadelphia (10-5) picked a crappy time to lose. Granted, theyd already clinched the division, but they still need to ensure home field advantage and a first-round bye. Despite their loss, with the Saints huge victory on Monday night, the Giants (9-6) are now in Staying Alive mode and will only make a wild card slot by beating the Skins and having Green Bay lose to the Bears.

NFC North: The Bears (11-4) are also hoping for home field/bye week, and the Packers (9-6) are hoping New York loses for their playoff slot. I love it when the last week of the season is as meaningful as this one! Oh, and congrats to the Vikings for showing some promise for next year after the Favre Nightmare has ended.

NFC South: After eight straight wins, the Falcons (12-3) had their streak come to a close with a great performance by New Orleans (11-4). I dont see any changes in this division next week: Atlanta will kill Carolina and end up with the division championship, but New Orleans will be a scary wild card contender. Stay tuned.

NFC West: If its of interest to anyone other than steadyb, the Rams (7-8) and the Seahawks (6-9) play each other in week 17. Should they end up tied (if Seattle wins next week), Seattle would have the better conference and division record, and would be in the playoffs. Wait, why am I talking about these teams again? Moving on...

AFC East: The Pats (13-2) are, unsurprisingly, the first team that has clinched home field advantage. Itll be a shocker if anyone stops them this year, but, as they say, thats why they play the games. Lets not count out the Jets (10-5), who have clinched a wild card berth.

AFC North: Both PIttsburgh (11-4) and Baltimore (11-4) have clinched playoff spots, but which one will be the division champ (and possibly have a first round bye) will be decided next week. They both play crappy teams next week (Cleveland and Cincinnati respectively); if they still end up tied, the Steelers take the top spot based on best win percentage in division games.

AFC South: The only AFC division without a clear-cut playoff participant, the Colts (9-6) have won three straight, have Addai back, and are facing the Titans next week. Jacksonville (8-7), who looked so promising earlier, are fading fast. Should they beat Houston next week and the Colts doubtfully lose, they would be the division champ based on best win percentage in conference games. Dont hold your breath for this.

AFC West: Hail to the Chiefs (10-5) for their division championship. That having been said, I hope the Raiders (7-8) crush them next weekend so we can end the season with a nice even record.

Final note: while four coaches have already lost their gigs this year, my powers of prediction say that two or three more will be replaced by the start of next season. Its just one of those years! Meanwhile, we have an exciting end to the regular season and the playoffs to look forward to. Good times!

by Griffinator:

At least your other NY team is actually going to the playoffs, even if only to be a sacrificial lamb before the altar of Patriot dominance.

Careful Scott, "it ain't over 'til its over". Until the Patriots actually win the Super Bowl, keep it light. I know you're not one to boast, even when the Pats win, but hey, the way some of these games have turned out this season, these teams have proven we can't expect the expected all the time. :cry:

The bookies may have more influence than we would like to think they do.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

OK guys - someone answer me this. The scuttlebutt is that Charlie Weis is leaving his OC job in the NFL for an OC job coaching Florida. In KC he has Cassell, who he coached in NE and with whom he has had success. KC seems to be on the right track, with Weis as part of that progress. Why go back to coaching in college? It makes no sense to me. Anyone have any ideas? Foot fetish videos perhaps?
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

I also wondered about this, because the hiring of Weis as OC in KC has been widely acclaimed, he has widely been considered to have done a great job, and Miami needs a rebuild....very strange development....

NORD STAGE 2, IPAD 2 with lots of soft syths

Roland td9 expanded

Guitars, basses, Pod Xtl, GT-10b

Garritan, Reason, Symphonic Choirs , Cubase, Sibelius

Three shelter cats

OK guys - someone answer me this. The scuttlebutt is that Charlie Weis is leaving his OC job in the NFL for an OC job coaching Florida. In KC he has Cassell, who he coached in NE and with whom he has had success. KC seems to be on the right track, with Weis as part of that progress. Why go back to coaching in college? It makes no sense to me. Anyone have any ideas? Foot fetish videos perhaps?

Charlie did not coach Cassell in NE. Charlie had left NE for Notre Dame before they drafted Cassell

THe rumors are control, resume building (he did what he neeed to in KC), climate, and future options (re-establishing his College Creds opens more opportunities). The QB Coach will get to move up and KC didn't want to lose him.

With situations like Pitt, Charlie may end up with a head coaching offer more quickly than he thought.

Charlie did not coach Cassell in NE. Charlie had left NE for Notre Dame before they drafted Cassell

Exactly, Cassell was McDaniels' guy and the first reason for his eventual fall in Denver, with quite the wrong-foot move before he had even coached a game, to Chicago's great advantage it appears to be turning out. Just a little recent history in a nutshell...

Well, the Bucs are making it interesting. I think GB wins the scenario where all three WC candidates lose, and TB's only hope is a win + a GB and NYG loss.

It's really all on the Bears today. I have a hard time seeing them beating a highly motivated Aaron Rodgers, but I am willing to be convinced.

GO RAIDERS

Not making the playoffs = bad.

Having their best season in seven years = good.

Going undefeated in the AFC West = priceless.

:thu: :thu: :thu:

All of Oakland's wins came in the West :)

They went 2-2 against the NFC West...If they were in the NFC they'd be a division champ.... At 8-2 they ate indeed the best in the West....

It's down to the wire in the Pick'em Pool:

I don't know if anyone else is keeping track, but antimatter closed the gap on me for second place during the opening games, and we've picked exactly the same games for the current series. The two of us picked differently from ProfD for two of the games now playing; so if we made the right pick for those two games, then the three of us will enter tonight's final contest in a three-way tie for first!

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Archived