Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Off to "The City" Thursday Morning

desertbluesman

The wifey and I will be jetting off to San Fransisco Thursday morning, to meet my sister and her husband on a 3 day stopover on their way to Hawaii/Maui/Big Island from Philly Pa. I am slated to do the tourist thing for two whole days I guess (Friday and Saturday). Which is a good thing, whenever I go to Northern Cali, I always just blaze up I-5 at 70+ mph and stop for pissing and fuel. This time I am flying up, and then Sunday when they leave for Hawaii, I am going back to the airport and renting a small car to go up to my sister in laws house in Clear Lake until Tuesday. We will be staying at the Hyatt at Fisherman's Wharf.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Make a point of catching some live music somewhere a couple of times, and try to stop by some guitar store or another, especially some funky "Mom 'n' Pop" shop. Get some pics, too! (And post some here later!)

Have a great trip and a good time with family and friends!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Watch out for cop car chases flyin' down the steep-hilled Streets Of San Francisco! :D

As if the traffic would ever allow attaining anything near that kind of speed.

Just don't rent a car while there. SF is one of the most vehicularly unfriendly cities I have to spend time in.

Scott Fraser

Scott Fraser

Watch out for cop car chases flyin' down the steep-hilled Streets Of San Francisco! :D

Nuh-uh, does so, Scott- I saw it on Nash Bridges.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

As if the traffic would ever allow attaining anything near that kind of speed. Just don't rent a car while there. SF is one of the most vehicularly unfriendly cities I have to spend time in.

I would ordinarily drive up there of course, but not in SF in a hotel that has only valet parking. No way am I gonna give my car keys to anyone I don't know to do with whatever they choose.

I do have a car rented at the airport on the day my sister leaves, we will then drive it up to Cobb area (Near Clear Lake) to my sister in laws house until Tuesday, then back to the airport.

Just don't rent a car while there. SF is one of the most vehicularly unfriendly cities I have to spend time in.

Scott Fraser

I rented a car once when I was in SF for a week. It had 600 miles total on it when I picked it up at the airport. The brakes were squeeking out their death cries the first time I tapped them.

Archived