Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Hamichord, new VB-3

mate stubb

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He might have been talking about the actual hardware.

yeah guys, probably. Like I just saw on BG's website that the Hamichord's sound engine is a "special version of GSI VB3 called VB3 Hamichord Edition II"

When I bought my VB3, almost two years ago, I was really happy with the sound.

After that, I rarely record anything without it.

I am sold on the VB3.... best $70 I have ever spent...

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

I am sold on the VB3.... best $70 I have ever spent...

same here man...

same here. :thu:

PS: I really wish I could afford one of these Hamichords... If you guys think it's difficult to get Italian equipment from the US... try getting them when you are in south america. :)

• 2 years later...

Hi-

Proud owner of a new Hamichord + EXP!

Having a problem- once every 20 minutes or so, I get a note that either won't sound, or which sounds but doesn't cut off until I hit the note again.

Any settings I can fiddle with to try to fix this problem? Or can you point me to someone I can ask?

Thanks a lot!

Doug

Doug Largent

www.douglargent.com

Is this a brand new organ, as in under factory warranty? If so contact them.

Otherwise, I could think of a couple things - it could be dirty key contacts, or it could be dirty power causing computer hiccups.

Thanks! The Hamichord was 'used, like new' condition. I had it shipped from Italy to NC.

I don't think the problem is dirty contacts- the same problem occurs when I'm playing bass on my roland pedal board, and I know that works perfectly with my nord.

I will investigate the idea of 'dirty power'. Today, randomly, I played it for 2 hours with no issues. Another thought is that maybe I shouldn't touch any keys or controls during the startup routine?

Doug Largent

www.douglargent.com

Archived