Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Impact Twin - thoughts?

SK

Gear question: Anyone heard of this? It seems interesting to me.

I have a decent home recording setup, so not sure that I'd need it. It's 3.3 lbs., and the retail is $519, so less than that. It seems to have decent effects and a mixer built-in.

http://www.tcelectronic.com/impacttwin.asp

I added the TC Electronic reverb recently to DP, which is quite decent for a free plug-in.

Thoughts? (thanks)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It appears to be a variation on the Konnekt 24D and Konnekt Live. I use a Konnekt 24D and a Konnekt Studio 48. They are way beyond the driver problems they had when these products were introduced a couple years ago (when I worked there).

The Impact Twin, seems to have some improvements over the Konnekt 24D (and Konnekt LIVE) in that it has a more traditional mixer/control panel (with EQ and comp) rather than the separate "Fabrik" plug-ins.

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

I think that I would wait and see. If I had to buy a solution today, I'd buy one that was in constant use today by people doing the same thing that I do, and would be known to have great support and had all the bugs out.

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

Thank you, Mike.

My current setup uses a mixer with built-in interface, so it works for home recording and a mixer for live situations.

So I'm also assuming, since this has 1/4" outputs in the back, it might serve as a personal mixer for live digital piano sound into my sound system.

The quality of this mixer I can't say though. I wouldn't be using a mixer for more than EQ for the two stereo inputs from the keyboard. Of course, I'm shooting in the dark not having tried it.

Archived