Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I think I just got back from an Aerosmith concert...

I just got back from Sandstone Amphitheatre here in the KC area. I should have stayed home and spent my ticket money to hire people to walk in front of me, and gotten out my CD player and played a couple Aerosmith CDs. We bought our tickets when they went on sale. We bought lawn seats, we've always had good luck at Sandstone, even with larger concerts. But this SUCKED BIG KIELBASA. Sandstone over-sold the tickets...partly due to what should have been a neat idea. Aerosmith had two stages...the main one, and one where the FOH normally would have been. According to a Sandstone employee, the venue didn't find out about the extra space being taken up by the extra stage until a week before the show. Add that to over-selling tickets (probably by a couple thousand)...and it was a disaster. The sloping hill where the lawn seats are flattens out at the top...meaning that for the whole show...I couldn't see anything. If I stood up and walked thirty feet forward (nearly impossible due to the HUGE crowd)...I could see the top of the main stage light trusses. No more. Couldn't see the big-screen monitors. The sound was muffled by thousands of bodies in front of us. I might have well stayed at home. The extra stage idea could have been cool. At one point I did walk down far enough to see that the band had left the main stage and were playing on the "FOH" stage. But...I'd have to say the venue and the promoters dropped the ball big time on this one. Big time obstructed view...
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Liv Tyler was not at the concert, you did not miss anything !! [img]http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

Man that sucks..... I took the wife to Tom Petty wednesday at sandstone,it was packed but not oversold.Great show. We had a hard time deciding which show to see,Aerosmith or Petty.I've been bummin all day thinking about missing Aerosmith. How did they sound? I could probably get a crowd up to stand in front of you while you listen to your cd's,just let me who's concert you are pretending to be at,so we'll know how to dress while we obstruct your view. It can't be all that bad,I'm sure there were plenty of scantily clads there.....

I was at the Petty show, too. Far more manageable. The sound would have been okay, but where we were sitting, a large amount was absorbed by the throng in front of us, so it was weak. The Petty show was a far better time...I had a lot of fun at that show. Aerosmith was a big waste of money. Not that they didn't perform well. From what I heard the performance was great. They needed to let about two thousand fewer people in, and kick the sound up a notch. We didn't even stay until the end of the show. Oh, and there were plenty of scantily clad ladies there...including some that shouldn't have been scantily clad...YIKES!!! So you're a fellow Kansas Citian, huh? There are a few of us on the boards here.

Yo, Milkman, I read from your profile that you're in Independence. I'm north of the river in Excelsior Springs. Small world, huh? You're not a keyboard player by chance, are you?

Don't ask me why, Ted, but you never struck me as an 'Aerosmith' kind of guy! Petty? Yes...definitly. Aerosmith? Jeez, ya think ya know a guy... [img]http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img] Btw, I used to be an Aerosmith fan, and SOME of the new stuff is O.K., but they strike me as being a bit too... contrived... these days. Then again, what do I know. My strongest Aerosmith memory involves a crank-head I knew when I was a kid. He bought some stuff that was apparently cut with something in the vein of diesel fuel. He cut a line on my 'Draw The Line' album cover (the white one), and the stain it left is still on it... Steve

Yo, Milkman... I kinda sorta dabble in guitar. Steve... Hahaha...well, I remember back in high school and a buddy of mine brought Aerosmith's first album over, we learned "Mama Kin"... I'm not as big a fan as my wife (this was her idea)...but, despite being somewhat contrived, they rock, and in addition have some unique pop melody ideas. I admire their longevity. And Joe Perry sounds better live (what I could hear) than on record.

Yo Tedster! I know what your talking 'bout. As much as I love music, I keep my concert going to select few these days. I just don't get into being pummeled by sweaty, shirtless adolescent dudes anymore. When Aero.. came to this neck of the woods, I passed, knowing it was gonna be total kaos. -Hippie
In two days, it won't matter.

Whoa, deja vu! Didn't I see this over on Lisa's forum?! [img]http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img] [quote]Originally posted by Tedster: [b]I kinda sorta dabble in guitar[/b][/quote] I dabbled on my guitar once. You gotta clean it up quick, or it will stain! [quote]Originally posted by Hippie: [b]I just don't get into being pummeled by sweaty, shirtless adolescent dudes anymore. [/b][/quote] Yep, I have pretty much quit going to arena shows unless it's something I just can't pass. Last outdoor show I was at, I got kicked in the back of the head by some combat-boot-wearing crowd-surfing jackass, and I blacked out for a few minutes. My drummer had to carry me out of the crowd so I could get some air. (Luckily he is a huge guy, because I weighed about 185 at the time, and he was actually able to lift me!) Anyway, I have my share of battle-scars from shows, but I'm getting too old for that now.

Scott

(just another cantankerous bastard)

I pretty much stopped going to all concerts years ago until I took a chance and saw Jeff Beck at Jones Beach(L.I. N.Y.)Ampitheater(outdoors)and have to say that if all venues were like this I'd go all the time.Not too big,good sound for out doors,visibility excellent from anywhere and the ocean back drop.........
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

I like the old Aerosmith......all the horns and strings really kill the vibe for me. I like it best when they were just loud and rude guitars, bare essentials with a killer singer/front man. Maybe I'm just getting old?
Down like a dollar comin up against a yen, doin pretty good for the shape I'm in

Scott...I hear ya...but if one of my faves came to town, I'd be pushin and shovin to get up front as well. But I'm 6"2" and about 220 lb's....so maybe that's easier for me. I know that I'm less likely to inconvenience myself these days compared to when I was 20. Somehow being wet, muddy, and backbreakingly tired was ok then. Now, unless I have a chair....and possibly some AC.....I might pass. Unless it's Bonnie, Emmylou, or Susan.....and I'd bow up to Mike Tyson!!!!! : )
Down like a dollar comin up against a yen, doin pretty good for the shape I'm in

[quote]Originally posted by strat0124: [b]Scott...I hear ya...but if one of my faves came to town, I'd be pushin and shovin to get up front as well. But I'm 6"2" and about 220 lb's....so maybe that's easier for me[/b][/quote] Well, I'm 6'1" and 230... so I don't have too many problems either. [img]http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img] I just got tired of the whole thing. I used to go to some pretty hardcore shows, and I got right into it. I'd always have cuts and bruises... one time I even broke 2 teeth. That was OK when I was 18, and I was seeing bands like Slayer or Suicidal Tendencies. Now it just seems stupid! My friend went to see Weezer, and he told me there was a MOSH PIT!! What the hell is THAT about?!?! It just makes me laugh. I'm actually thinking of going to see Jane's Addiction next month. I haven't seen them in years, and they always put on a great show. Hopefully the crowd won't be too ridiculous. ------------------ [b]Scott[/b] (just another cantankerous bastard)

Scott

(just another cantankerous bastard)

• 1 year later...
[quote]Originally posted by Alndln@hotmail.com: [b]I pretty much stopped going to all concerts years ago until I took a chance and saw Jeff Beck at Jones Beach(L.I. N.Y.)Ampitheater(outdoors)and have to say that if all venues were like this I'd go all the time.Not too big,good sound for out doors,visibility excellent from anywhere and the ocean back drop.........[/b][/quote]I saw Carlos at Jones Beach last summer. 10th row center. I agree its a nice place for a concert- as long as the wind off the ocean cooperates.

Check out some tunes here:

http://www.garageband.com/artist/KenFava

Archived