Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Wonderful Gibson Les Paul Burst Stories & LONG HAIR

rocknrollstar

Hi everybody,

Somehow I am really into guitar stories right now. I revisited with a couple of guitars which I haven't had out of their cases in a while. There are a whole bunch of fond memories coming up... I even got my pics back out, when I had long hair...

Guys, this "was" me... back in 1992

http://www.customguitarvideo.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/holger_obenaus_1992.jpg

LOL

I wish I'd still have that long hair.

Maybe you show me some of your OLD PICS???!!!! That would be kind'a funny!

Anyways,

this inspired me to search my vaults for some footage with interesting Les Paul stories. I found a bunch, actually more I could fit into a 10 minutes clip. I spent my Sunday afternoon to edit some nice entertainment for you.

Please forgive me if anybody feels spammed, it's not my intention. But I guess there are a bunch of people who enjoy this little clip. (There's nothing for sale, either...)

I hope y'all enjoy the stories as much as I did.

Les Paul Stories Video

Have a wonderful week,

Holger

There is no cure for GAS!

www.customguitarvideo.com | The finest Custom Electric, Acoustic and Archtop Guitar related video entertainment on the web. And it's FREE!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me, with hair, probably working on a Deep Purple show...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/BillPark/june62005/me70s.jpg

My LPs..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/BillPark/studio%20pics/02-16-06_1946-1.jpg

Missing my favorite one... the 57 with P-90s and a Tuneomatic. Sure wish I still had it. Bursts aren't my thing, because I'm just not that fond of humbucking pickups.

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

me i would like to show some pics with long hair. But i never got long hair

sorry for my english i'm a french Canadien

fender 65 Twin Reverb reissue

Fender Stratocaster 1999 MIA

Fender Stratocaster 2013 MIA

Godin Artisan ST-5

Godin LG Signature

Seagull S6

Yes I love Godin guitar

Bursts aren't my thing, because I'm just not that fond of humbucking pickups.

Thank you so much for that great picture. I love it. I actually like P90 better too, and I have always been a Tele guy - at least the last 15 years....

I used to have a 1968 Goldtop with P90's and these white saddles on the Tune-O-Matic. Sold it to finance my time at GIT in 1989.

www.customguitarvideo.com | The finest Custom Electric, Acoustic and Archtop Guitar related video entertainment on the web. And it's FREE!

... and these white saddles on the Tune-O-Matic.

yep, white plastic saddles and that little wire holding them in place.

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

Sold it to finance my time at GIT in 1989.

I was living in Hollywood then ..... at the apartments on N.Orchid Ave behind the Holiday Inn. TONS of GIT guys staying up there.....where'd you have your crib then?

I lived in an apartment on 6633 Yucca Street. Reinhold Bogner moved in two apartments from mine down the hall. I met him at Brauer's and he decided to move closer to the fun in Hollywood... We had an awesome time. He bought this 1970's Impala Station Wagon and did not know how to drive the car. So we had the agreement, my room mate and I used his car, and we were the taxi drivers at Saturday night 2pm to pick up Reinhold at the clubs.

One day he got paint cans and sprayed the car. He sprayed a huge fishbone on the car and wrote: "NO FISH IN THE CAR!" on the doors. He told me, it means that there are no girls allowed in the Impala. We always got strange looks at the red lights or thumbs up... LOL

I later told him to write "NO FISH IN THE AMP" on his new PreAmp. This is how the name Fish PreAmp was born!

Sometimes he came back and had lost his keys, he climbed up a palm tree on my balcony, walked through my apartment at 4am, tripped over my Futon and went to sleep in his apartment. He never locked the door to his apartment.

He was designing the Fish Preamp at that time. He always took my Tom Anderson Swamp Ash Strat and used it for tweaking his mods...

Man, these were wild times!!!

Sold it to finance my time at GIT in 1989.

I was living in Hollywood then ..... at the apartments on N.Orchid Ave behind the Holiday Inn. TONS of GIT guys staying up there.....where'd you have your crib then?

I lived in an apartment on 6633 Yucca Street. Reinhold Bogner moved in two apartments from mine down the hall. I met him at Brauer's and he decided to move closer to the fun in Hollywood... We had an awesome time. He bought this 1970's Impala Station Wagon and did not know how to drive the car. So we had the agreement, my room mate and I used his car, and we were the taxi drivers at Saturday night 2pm to pick up Reinhold at the clubs.

One day he got paint cans and sprayed the car. He sprayed a huge fishbone on the car and wrote: "NO FISH IN THE CAR!" on the doors. He told me, it means that there are no girls allowed in the Impala. We always got strange looks at the red lights or thumbs up... LOL

I later told him to write "NO FISH IN THE AMP" on his new PreAmp. This is how the name Fish PreAmp was born!

Sometimes he came back and had lost his keys, he climbed up a palm tree on my balcony, walked through my apartment at 4am, tripped over my Futon and went to sleep in his apartment. He never locked the door to his apartment.

He was designing the Fish Preamp at that time. He always took my Tom Anderson Swamp Ash Strat and used it for tweaking his mods...

Man, these were wild times!!!

Those are some cool stories! :cool:

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Archived