Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Isabel - goodbye

[quote]Originally posted by LiveMusic: [b] [quote]Originally posted by ChristopherKemp: [b] [quote]Originally posted by LiveMusic: [b]Can anyone provide a link to the page where the first image is, the first post by Tinderarts?[/b][/quote] [url=http://images.ibsys.com/sh/images/weather/auto/at_ir_loop_640x480.gif?639155781]Go here.[/url] [/b][/quote]Yeah, but where is it coming from? What site? I see only the image.[/b][/quote] http://images.ibsys.com/sh/images/weather/auto/at_ir_loop_640x480.gif?639155781

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, it is obvious that I must not be able to communicate. I see the page, I see the image. That is all i see. I want to know WHAT WEBSITE PAGE the image came from. If I shorten that url, I get errors. I finally figured out to remove the word 'images' and replace it with www and I went to [url=http://www.ibsys.com,]www.ibsys.com,[/url] which is internet broadcasing systems, whatever that is. But I still have no idea where the image came from. You didn't just luck into the image, you got it from a web page. I'm just wanting to know that webpage.

> > > [ Live! ] < < <

[quote]Originally posted by TinderArts: [b] [url=http://www.nbc4.com]www.nbc4.com[/url] The DC NBC site. Go to WeatherNet. Tons of good images from a wide variety of sats and radars. [/b][/quote]You must have missed this post.

[quote]Originally posted by Tedster: [b]Something about Arell reminds me of Captain Quint, for those of you who are familiar with the movie "Jaws". I can hear Arell with that voice... AHARRRRRR, MATEY, BEGONE Ye scurvy hurricane![/b][/quote]"Arrrrrrr. Here's ta swimmin' with bow-legged wimmen!"
None more black.

[quote]Originally posted by rog951: [b] [quote]Originally posted by Tedster: [b]Something about Arell reminds me of Captain Quint, for those of you who are familiar with the movie "Jaws". I can hear Arell with that voice... AHARRRRRR, MATEY, BEGONE Ye scurvy hurricane![/b][/quote]"Arrrrrrr. Here's ta swimmin' with bow-legged wimmen!"[/b][/quote]Yes arell is definitely a pirate. I wonder if he has one ear ring and a glass eye? I'm Popeye the sailor man I live in the garbage can I used to go swimmin' with bald headed women, but now I don't do that no more.

Uh, bjwayne, that's a Frank Zappa album cover. It was P-shopped to put 'Ouizel' in place of 'Weasels', but otherwise is untampered with. Thanks for the tip, though. When I use a blade, I use a triple-bladed razor. :D
**Standard Disclaimer** Ya gotta watch da Ouizel, as he often posts complete and utter BS. In this case however, He just might be right. Eagles may soar, but Ouizels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Yeah my daughter is in college in Richmond, so if worse comes to worse, I could go there, or head west towards Blackstone or Lynchburg. Its looking rough. All the ships are leaving from Norfolk Naval and lots of preps done all throughout the area. I live down in Ghent, right off the waterfront, so I suspect most of the storm surge will wash over our streets. Hell it only takes a hard rain to flood already. You know you are a musician when the first thing you think of with a hurricane is: How am I going to save all my gear????? :)
Down like a dollar comin up against a yen, doin pretty good for the shape I'm in

[quote]Originally posted by Geenard Skeenard: [b]Yeah my daughter is in college in Richmond, so if worse comes to worse, I could go there, or head west towards Blackstone or Lynchburg. Its looking rough. All the ships are leaving from Norfolk Naval and lots of preps done all throughout the area. I live down in Ghent, right off the waterfront, so I suspect most of the storm surge will wash over our streets. Hell it only takes a hard rain to flood already. You know you are a musician when the first thing you think of with a hurricane is: How am I going to save all my gear????? :) [/b][/quote]Gene, Do you have the means or accessibility to locate a temporary storage shed outside of the target area? I don't know if they have those out your way, but here in K.C. you can rent temporary storage for 30 days at a time. Might be worth checking into.... Check your PM's in a few minutes from this post, I'll send some information.

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

Books by Craig Anderton through Amazon

Sweetwater: Bruce Swedien\'s "Make Mine Music"

posted by Anifa: [quote]Do you have the means or accessibility to locate a temporary storage shed outside of the target area? I don't know if they have those out your way, but here in K.C. you can rent temporary storage for 30 days at a time. Might be worth checking into.... [/quote]Temprary storage? What's that? Never heard of it. Must be something those MidWesterners invented.

[quote] Temprary storage? What's that? Never heard of it. Must be something those MidWesterners invented. [/quote]Ah shaddup Wewus.... I'm a jest tryin' to express a concern to a friend.... so what, I'm jest a hick from a small midwestern oz. yep... I guess that does sound pretty much hillbillieish to suggest that the midwest might have something that wasn't thought of YEARS ago on the East Coast :D :D :D Now.... I definitely gotta go, got much to do today.... but first things first.... Gene be careful... and check your PM'S now.

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

Books by Craig Anderton through Amazon

Sweetwater: Bruce Swedien\'s "Make Mine Music"

Yow, I am definitely glad I don't live in Hampton roads anymore.I'd be willing to bet that the stores are all out of batteries,water and canned goods by now.the closest we got when I lived there was when Gloria whacked N.C. Be safe, all of you east coasters. For once I'd rather be in Ohio.

Reach out and grab a clue.

Something Vicious

My solo crap

[quote]Originally posted by Geenard Skeenard: [b]Yeah my daughter is in college in Richmond, so if worse comes to worse, I could go there, or head west towards Blackstone or Lynchburg. Its looking rough. All the ships are leaving from Norfolk Naval and lots of preps done all throughout the area. I live down in Ghent, right off the waterfront, so I suspect most of the storm surge will wash over our streets. Hell it only takes a hard rain to flood already. You know you are a musician when the first thing you think of with a hurricane is: How am I going to save all my gear????? :) [/b][/quote]I wouldn't waste time, bro. Don't wait for the crowds to clog the roads out...
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Oh goody! It looks like Philly and Oxford could get hit hard. Thank goodness we're pretty far inland here, though Oxford flirts with the end of the Chesapeake. Our house is on pretty high ground, and it slopes away from us pretty well, but this thing is starting to make me a little nervous. We have a lake a few miles away (Octoraro Lake), and if it takes on too much it could be ugly. Worst thing about my area is that the lake is on one side and the Brandywine is on the other. If both flood, there's nowhere to go.
I really don't know what to put here.

I'm not baggin on people in the southeastern US or those on the east coast, as there are few places to live that don't have some form of natural disaster probablility... Is it just me, or are hurricanes pretty frequent, though? I.e. more frequent than flooding in the south, earthquakes in the southwest, forest fires in the northwest, or damaging hail/tornadoes in the midwest? Or blizzards? Sure, in the midwest there is a tornado somewhere on any given day, but most of them don't hit anything. In california, they get a few rumbles here and there, but no real damage is caused except for every 40-50 years or so. They predict that Yellowstone National Park is a sleeping Supervolcano and it is overdue for eruption, but it only happens every 180million years. Yet, don't we have a hurricane at least once (if not several times) a year? Or am i just another ignorant american?

Dr. Seuss: The Original White Rapper

WWND?

I already have a plan....gonna wait till the wee hours of Wed morning, and head out around 3 in the AM if shit hits the fan. You have to hurry because there aren't many routes out. I'll get everything taken care of in the coming days. Gotta go raid the grocery stores for milk cases to stack gear on, in case of high water in our rehearsal space, if it gets so high that a double stack of milk crates doesn't stop...its a loss anyway. I'll have my amps in my apartment by then....3rd floor. We'll only have PA gear and drums left.
Down like a dollar comin up against a yen, doin pretty good for the shape I'm in

[quote]Originally posted by Is There Gas in the Car?: [b]From The National Weather Service 11:00AM, 14SEP03... [i]ALL OF THE MODELS ARE IN GOOD AGREEMENT ON THE CENTRAL CORE OF ISABEL REMAINING EAST OF THE STRONG JETSTREAM AND UNDER 20-25 KT 200 MB WIND. THIS WOULD TEND TO KEEP ISABEL STRONGER THAN WHAT THE SHIPS INTENSITY MODEL IS INDICATING...ESPECIALLY SINCE ISABEL WILL BE MOVING OVER THE WARM GULFSTREAM SOUTH OF THE NORTH CAROLINA OUTER BANKS AT THAT TIME. THEREFORE...LITTLE OR NO SIGNIFICANT WEAKENING IS EXPECTED TO OCCUR UNTIL AFTER LANDFALL OCCURS.[/i] Great. This thing is coming my way: Eastern North Carolina. I live in Raleigh with family and friends East. This thing is another MONSTER! I realize this weather doesn't mean much to you guys on the west coast, or anywhere else for that matter. But it's not fun to go through ANOTHER one of these things. We've had our share in the past few years. Keep us in your thoughts. Tom :cool: [/b][/quote]Yeah, I think I'll stick with earthquakes and volcanos, thanks :)

Most 'caines don't make landfall on the US coast. Then, it's mainly Florida and the Carolinas that get hit, and most of them aren't this big by the time they hit the coast. They almost never make it north of Va. and hit full force. If I remember correctly, Andrew slammed Florida and the Carolinas pretty hard a few years back and did billions of dollars worth of damage. I think this one is bigger(though I'm no expert), and one of the big problems is that most people in the Northeast DON'T have flood insurance, unlike the Southeast, where it's crazy not to have it.

Yep, according to Yahoo news: [quote]Only three Category 5 hurricanes have hit the U.S. mainland since 1900 -- Hurricane Andrew, which became the costliest natural disaster in U.S. history when it hit the Miami area in 1992, Camille on the Gulf coast in 1969 and the unnamed storm of 1935 in the Florida Keys. [/quote]

Jeez...I've got half of my family calling me to "GET OUT OF THERE". Like they'd take my advice.....we survived Betsy and Camille!!!! I ain't too dumb to get out of the rain....MOM! :)

[quote]Originally posted by Geenard Skeenard: [b]Jeez...I've got half of my family calling me to "GET OUT OF THERE". Like they'd take my advice.....we survived Betsy and Camille!!!! I ain't too dumb to get out of the rain....MOM! :) [/b][/quote]Stay if you wanna... just send all your musical equipment to higher ground! ;) Remember your priorities! :thu: Camille was a Category 5 in 1969. It had 909 millibars of pressure vs. Isabel which is currently at 945 MB. (26.84" vs Isabel's 27.91") 1969 was an 'interesting' year. It was that summer that we landed a man on the moon - or so they say. ;) The stores around here are already out of batteries, bottled water, flashlights & plywood. Don't know the condition of the liquor stores but people are talking about Hurricane parties already. I think I'll take one of my cars and put it in the public garage downtown since I only have room for one car in the carport. It should be safe in a public garage, I hope. Gas :cool:
"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Archived