Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Fender, stop it.

rizzo9247

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe I should sell old strings and picks as "roadworn strings" and "roadworn picks".

How about "roadworn cables", guaranteed to short out in the middle of show, just like in the old days.

"roadworn speakers" with holes in them.

"roadworn microphones" with dented covers.

The possibilities are endless.

I remember once someone was selling Jaco's bass strap on eBay for some ungodly price.

We could all pitch in our old crap and open up a 'LowDown Roadworn Gear' line... we'll be rich.

DX

Aerodyne Jazz Deluxe

Pod X3 Live

Roland Bolt-60 (modified)

Genz Benz GBE250-C 2x10

Acoustic 2x12 cab

Does it come with the strap holes already "warbed out"? (thanks Flank)

I like the idea of Fender Roadworn Toilet Paper. Then everybody could express their oppinions about the Roadworn line in their own unique way.

I really do think this whole roadworn nonsense and recreating certain artist models as they have damaged them is the most absurd waste of time, effort & money. It is just mad!! Here buy the pre-beaten guitar for that piece of crap look!!

It is madness!!

You should buy brand new and wear it down to suit you over time, make the dings and dents your own!

Yes, I have never understood the whole "reliced" fad

Playing a beat-up guitar won't make you a better musician.

The "Mojo" can't be faked.

Nothing is as it seems but everything is exactly what it is - B. Banzai

Life is what happens while you are busy playing in bands.

Yes, I have never understood the whole "reliced" fad.

A guy on another forum explained it really well once, or so I thought. He said it was a way Fender could begin capitalizing on the collective disgust some people felt about the period when CBS took over, which was when pre-CBS vintage instruments really came en vogue. Somehow for lots of these customers, buying a new relic was better than buying an instrument made in the CBS period, even though that CBS instrument probably has more vintage mojo...

I think I'm gonna advertise my self as a roadworn musician...

I'm right behind ya picker.

"He is to music what Stevie Wonder is to photography." getz76

I have nothing nice to say so . . .

I have a case for a 1959 P Bass (the bass was stolen from me in 1964). The case is in less than fair condition. I wonder how much I could sell it for. :idea:

You could probably get more for it if you dragged it behind your car for a while.

It will all make sense one day my children.

Davo

And so it does.

You can't, you just can't, play a beat up bass, especially one that has been specially designed to look beat up, (maybe to match your jeans?) and then attach a shiny new strap to it. People notice. They'll say things.

Here, drink this Kool-aid.

If the Road Worn series becomes a long term line I foresee a Pre-Road Worn line to follow.

I feel guilty to admit I like the idea of a leather strap that's already worn-in a bit, for comfort reasons only.

I think one of the companies (Ibanez?) had a Road Rash guitar a few years back. Let's have them sue Fender for and take part of the proceeds and spend it on Fender Basses.

If you think my playing is bad, you should hear me sing!

I do restoration work, I guess my business could pick up with the Road Worn fad.

Rocky

It will pick up when the Road Worn fad is over, and people realize that having equipment that looks beat to shit doesn't impress bar crowds as much as having equipment that is sleek and shiny and new. :D

Archived