Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

RIP Gordon Waller

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Although they were a part of the British Invasion they were not popular back in England. I always found that odd.

Peter was Jane Asher's brother & she & Paul McCartney were an item at the time. Many thought that were it not for that they would not have had the success they did.

Geoff

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

Peter was Jane Asher's brother & she & Paul McCartney were an item at the time. Many thought that were it not for that they would not have had the success they did.

Geoff

That was just the jealous chaps in the Chad and Jeremy camp.

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

Geoff

That was just the jealous chaps in the Chad and Jeremy camp.

:rimshot::D

Mudcat's music on Soundclick

"Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em."-The Webb Wilder Credo-

I'd have to go with the McCartney fulcrum camp here.

I'm not sure when P&G started but they basically picked up the Everly Bros. shtick that Lennon & Macca once did & their 2 main hits were written by PM &, I think, produced by G.Martin.

Not that that diminishes their sound or skills but they might've never been as famous otherwise.

FWIW, I do still hold a fondness for these 2 bits of oddness...

"Lady Godiva"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOtJ-G6vq6k

"Knight In Rusty Armour"

d=halfnote

Archived