Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Les Paul and Bogner Shiva

RobRose

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The bass guitar could have been a bit more up front to balance out with you and the drummer (maybe it's just like that in the video)...

...but you guys sound pretty tight, and yeah you're getting some nice tones with your rig. :thu:

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

Yeah... it's just going through the camera mic. The combination of that and youtube compression probably doensn't help the bass at all...

Nash-customized Gibson Les Paul, Godin Progression Plus

Quilter MicroPro Mach 2.0

LOL@Rob...Nice list of guitars and notice what the man is playing throughout the video :) The LP! No complaints here; my axe of choice from country to blues to rock to metal.

That Shiva has got some awesome tone...had to edit my post...I thought it was around $1,300, but that was the Alchemist...Shiva will set you back another grand :(

You running any pedals out front?

Great stuff. I particularly liked the semi-shred version of "Low Rider". Makes me wanna atomicize "Cisco Kid" or "Slippin' Into Darkness".

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

You running any pedals out front?

Not in most of these clips (they're largely unadulterated Bogner, with a little echo maybe), but my pedalboard has the following:

* A Crybaby 535Q Wah

* Oohlala Oxygen (compressor/limiter/gate/dirt pedal)

* A Zenkudo Custom Twin (dumble/marshall clone pedal)

* Tuner

...into the Shiva

and

* a Keely Kitana Boost

* Visual Sound H20 (Chorus and Echo)

...in the FX loop

I use the same pedal board with my Shiva as I do my Peavey Classic 30, so the Kitana boost is largely there for solo boosts with the Classic, as the Bogner has an excellent variable boost on the amp footswitch.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3314/3344296850_90624eb7cd.jpg

Then I'll say it again...very nice! :)

To get that range of sounds and that quality of tone with minimal effects is probably what most of us are seeking. Alas, I don't play live (yet) and can't justify that kind of coin for a "home" amp, so my little (he,he,he) Super Reverb Reissue will just have to suffer through with me.

I trust you appreciate every second you're on stage because I dream of it every second of my life and am trying to get a room setup for practice/recording so I can realize that dream.

In the meantime, I get to watch some awesome clips for the folks here...get up the good work ya'all :)

Edit...sure would love to hear a Strat through that Shiva...as much as I do love the LP, my Strat gets plenty of shoulder time too!!

I gigged with it and along with my LP I brought a new Nash Timewarp T-63 (relic'd Tele) with Lollar pickups (standard tele pup in the bridge, hum in the neck.

Man it sounded good... I'm going through raw video, but will post both clean and driven tones if I get good samples...

I also brough along one of my custom shop strats becuase I had just put in some DiMarzio Cruizers in the middle and neck and a DiMarzio Virtual Solo in the bridge (going for an Andy Timmons vibe), but I only played in soundcheck with it becuase the Nash and LP sounded so damn good...so that gets a workout next...

As promised here's another video from last saturday's gig... I played the LP, but featured my new Nash Tele. It sounds very, very nice through the Bogner Shiva, clean and dirty.

The video has some photos interspersed throughout (at the most inopportune times) because of a dancer's nudge of the camera in the first set, so I was out of shot unless I was soloing and grooving with the other players. It is what it is...

Enjoy

[video:youtube]

Archived