Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Experiences with V and Z stands

MonksDream

I have the OnStage 2 tier Z stand, like this:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ZStd2Tier/

I have this too, but was never aware there's a carrying bag?? Have to look into that.

I maybe have assembled it "backwards" a little bit, but it works nicely. You don't want to put the 2nd tier keyboard on first - - it will almost certainly tip. Bottom keyboard goes on first, then the second.

I feel about this stand the way I feel about my whole rig - - a lot to load, but it's completely perfect when I sit down to play.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I use an Ultimate Support V-stand to hold up my Clavinet over my Wurliter 200A (on its own legs). Puts the Clav at the right height over the Wurly. It's great in the studio, but I'm not a big fan of it for my live gig set up. I prefer my Standastic for my live set up. I'm still working out a suitable stand for my P85 and may end up using another V-stand for my XK-3c to put over it.

I have the same stand.. I tend to catch the tops of my legs on the underside though... probably as a result of how thick some boards are these days...

Its great for the CX-3 though!

you have to be careful with those tightening bolts though... many times I've found they have come loose in transit... or are missing when I get home because they came off after the gig...

I use the Ultimate V stand. I chose this because I stand while I play, I am 6'2" tall (188 cm), and most stands that I looked at did not keep an 88 key keyboard stable at the height I wanted to locate the keyboard. On the down side, this keyboard stand is not very "pedal friendly", due to the legs that extend out to each side. I have one of those sustain pedals that looks like a real piano sustain pedal, and I locate it just behind the leg. so this does not bother me, but it might bother some people.

Archived