Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Xaviere guitars - anyone own one?

StratPaulBoogie

I am curious as to what the conditions are like, if it's a sweatshop type of thing or not. I think it would take some skill to be able to put together some of the asian guitars I've seen and played, so I'd like to think those people were getting a good deal for their work and the exchange rate was just severely tilted and that's why the prices are low.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, you probably can't avoid all exploitation, but you can choose to try to minimize your hand in it. I mean, if you know that a company makes their stuff in sweatshops, you can try buying from someone whose stuff is only allegedly done in sweatshops.;)

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

• 3 weeks later...
If I take the leap and buy one, I'll post my review of it for you guys.

So I leapt, and got one! It arrived last Friday, ironically on the same day my Mesa Boogie got out of the repair shop. :thu: This is my first hollow body guitar, and this thing is SOLID!!! - as far as workmanship & quality goes. The pups sound awesome - on their own or combined. The pots have full range with the tone controls being able to get a "wah" sound. The fit & finish is superb! I don't know what gloss they finish it with but it sure is smelly! :sick: It plays really nice and stays in tune pretty good right out of the box. It absolutely WAILS through my Boogie. I still have to replace the factory strings and set it up. It came with a very nice case as well. I am very happy with my purchase! :D

http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-50206111187217_2039_6259452

Insert witty pop culture quote or reference here "_________

Based on my understanding of what Jay at GFS is trying to do, I would think the pick-ups and electronics in an Xaviere are going to be better than your typical Jay Turser or equivalent model guitar (or even an Epiphone, for that matter).

Nice to read that the fit & finish are decent quality as well.

Mudcat's music on Soundclick

"Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em."-The Webb Wilder Credo-

Keep it on a stand and let it air out or with the case open.

Glad it sounds cool, always good to know... I see one in my future still... just need to figure out how to talk the "Boss" into it, although what's that saying about sometimes it's easiest to do it and beg for mercy errrr something like that :)

Rock on!

Schecter C-1 Classic & Hellraiser C-1 FR / Hagstrom Viking Deluxe / Epi. PR5-E (Acoustic/Elec) / Les Paul Ultra II / Ibanez Prestige RG1570 / Kramer Striker

Amps:eVh 5150 III

Effects:Boss Gt-10

Based on my understanding of what Jay at GFS is trying to do, I would think the pick-ups and electronics in an Xaviere are going to be better than your typical Jay Turser or equivalent model guitar (or even an Epiphone, for that matter).

Nice to read that the fit & finish are decent quality as well.

You are correct on that one. I own an Epi Les Paul, and have had an Epi SG Custom and the fit & finish, especially the electonics aren't quite as good as the Xaviere's.

Insert witty pop culture quote or reference here "_________

Archived