Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

SPAM?: The album is DONE!

daBowsa

I just wanted to drop a very, very special thank you to all KC'ers! In full seriousness, if it wasn't for you guys, I would not be doing what I am today.

From the very beginning, with sage advice on early gear purchases, patch organization, professionalism, what notes to play, what books to read, what artists to listen to - all the way to today with suggestions for recording gear and coming out to hang at shows, the people here been nothing but kind, supportive, and wise.

Anyway, the culmination of my journey from cover band to tribute band to full on original rock n' roll band is complete. You guys encouraged me to step out away from the day job, start touring full time, and now I have an actual album that I can proudly call my own. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I'm sure it cheapens my sentiment, but in interest of full disclosure, here are the links for iTunes, Amazon and (for the physical disc) our website.

Its not a keyboard-centric cd by any means, but I think there's a fair amount on there for what it is. I'm credited for both keys and guitar - the keys are all Electro, except for the first track which is B3 + Leslie.

Happy holidays all - here's to a prosperous '09 for all KC'ers!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice work, Ben! Thanks for sharing and recognizing what you've gotten from this community. I am sampling the stuff on iTunes and love the Hammond I'm hearing on the first track. I'll definitely snag the entire album!

Great job and I look forward to checking out another live show when you're in town.

Regards,

Eric

Congrats! I know how you feel about this place being a big influence and support when leaping into being a full-time musician...

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I am glad you have joined the ranks... I have an original on our new CD as well..... Congrats

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

Good work man. Wow, listening to this it sounds like you guys are straight out of So Cal with that reggae vibe on track 4. There is all kinds of music like that around here. You guys nailed it. Congrats and keep up the good work in '09.

-Bobby

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

Thanks guys!

We brought Paul Leary in to produce - he's originally from the Butthole Surfers but has since produced Sublime, Meat Puppets, and recently Pepper. We've been playing Sublime for the last 7 years, so I guess there's more than one reason this east coast band might have a SoCal sound. :D

Really, we're just trying to play some rock n' roll with some other stuff thrown in for good measure. I'm happy with the result!

Thanks for the kind words guys!

We've got some big east coast shows coming up - Providence, Richmond, DC, Baltimore - check out ScottyDont.com for dates. Anyone that needs a ticket, just drop me a line!

After that we take the southern route to Vegas and Cali - w00t! Happy Merry everyone!! :thu:

Archived