Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NORD STAGE OS v4.02

EdMusic

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't understand something. The Nord Stage has now access to what they call "the new piano library". I see, for example, the harpsichords along with the clavinet. Does this mean that i have to give up the clavinet if i want the harpsichord sound?
Vermona Perfourmer mkii, Nord Stage 3 76

I don't understand something. The Nord Stage has now access to what they call "the new piano library". I see, for example, the harpsichords along with the clavinet. Does this mean that i have to give up the clavinet if i want the harpsichord sound?

No. The harpsichord goes in the Clav slot. That's all. You are limited only by the overall available memory. If you have room for the harpsichords then they go in the Clav location. If you don't have enough memory, you would have to delete something else and make room for the harpsichords or whatever other instrument you're interested in loading.

aL

Gear: Yamaha MODX8, Mojo 61, NS2 73, C. Bechstein baby grand.

I've downloaded a bunch of the files, but find no mention anywhere of how to install everything. Should I install the new Stage Manager software first, then do the OS?

Where do I get all the 4.0 library files in a single package? Or do I have to download them singly?

The Nord USA site is conveniently down for updating. Inquiring minds want to know!

Moe

---

Moe,

Update your Stage's OS first. You can download the Stage Manager and update your samples after that (not before).

I am not sure if this is what you're looking for , but at the top of this page you will find this:

Complete Factory backup All the Nord Stage EX samples and programs in a single, zip-formatted package. Use this file with the Restore function in the Nord Stage Manager v4.00 to restore the Stage EX to the Factory Setup.

aL

Gear: Yamaha MODX8, Mojo 61, NS2 73, C. Bechstein baby grand.

The XL steinway is a big improvement over the old one. You now have the choice of 4 playable (XL) grands.The upper register sounds fine to me.

Thanxs for the tip to use the synth section for the clavinet release sample :thu:

Kurzweil Forte, Roland Integra, Korg Prologue 8, KeyB duo, Korg Radias

I must be weird.

After a cursory run through of the new pianos, I cleaned my memory out and went straight for the harpsichords.

There is a nice 2 set Italian w/ lute stop and a double manual French with 3 sets and a lute stop. :thu::thu:

They both have nice ambience and appropriate jack down noises. I'm having the greatest time blasting out 2 part inventions!

Moe

---

Today I loaded the two XL Steinway concert grands.

For playing through my Accugrooves in the basement, I've really been drawn to the Ambient piano sample set.

It plays very naturally from the weighted keyboard as do all their pianos, and it just sounds very pleasing being projected into the room.

Moe

---

Archived