Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Where you wear your bass - a scientific view.

Davo-London

Bass position  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Bass position

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder if generally there are less women on forums in general - or if the reason we have less on here is to do with the atmosphere of the forum or a gender difference in forum use or that they're all too busy working.

They're probably all too busy playing the gigs we didn't get because we were too busy on the forum.

+1

"Call me what instrument you will, though you can fret me, yet you cannot play upon me.'-Hamlet

Guitar solos last 30 seconds, the bass line lasts for the whole song.

Interesting point but I think this thread has died.

25/60 polled position 4 taking 42% of the vote. Positions 4 and 5 represent 80% of the votes. The third largest vote was for position 3 (Groin protection).

Anyways in possibly closing this thread I would like this bass position scale to be called the "Tater Scale" for no better reason than the public service he has provided.

Davo

"We will make you bob your head whether you want to or not". - David Sisk

• 3 months later...
After much consideration and some new bass lines that require some paying above the 5th fret, I have revised my strap length and can now report that I am now a 4/5 following last weeks gig.

Feel the groove internally within your own creativity. - fingertalkin

• 4 months later...

Old thread... cool :cool:

More or less a 5 or 5.5 for me. I'm not portly, but I guess I am getting on a bit... got to start watching my portions, even if I don't eat much junk anymore. Pasta is just soo nice to eat and eat AND EAT... *munch slurp* :D

older pic from 2004: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v324/DocTazz/ljpics/OlympusCamedia/PlaidAl2.jpg

It's been fairly consistent since my late teens, though I most likely began as a 4. I sometimes experiment with 3, but that's usually at home or at a rehearsal. My left wrist tends to stiffen very quickly when I play on 3 or below, so... I pull it back up after about, oh, 5 minutes of this. Perhaps 3.5 is a good compromise for going too low. (I seem to like .5 settings, don't I?)

Archived