Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Forum NFL Survival pool/Pick 'em

Dave Bryce

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I gotta tell ya, I thought that game had "Get well" written all over it. In fact I picked the Chiefs in the pickem pool. The Chiefs were 0-3, but if you watched their games (I watched two), it was apparent that they weren't all that bad a team. And the Broncos at 3-0 are nowhere near as good as their record would indicate. They have serious issues on defense. They've given up 30 or more points in every game this year. The new scheme isn't working (yet, I hope).

I gotta tell ya, I thought that game had "Get well" written all over it. In fact I picked the Chiefs in the pickem pool. The Chiefs were 0-3, but if you watched their games (I watched two), it was apparent that they weren't all that bad a team.

Yeah, that's even better than my Falcans pick. I must say I picked Denver, even though you're right. The Chief's had 'any minute now' written all over them.

You kinda knew Larry Johnson was due, but I was clueless as to when that was gonna happen. In this game I though about the Denver offense and pictured the Chiefs as being too far behind to run LJ.

That's why I'll be watching this one from home as they say.

TROLL . . . ish.

Ok so I see Palmer is still hurt and is listed as questionable, that certainly would crank up the spread. I also see that Rodgers might not start for Green Bay.

I'm also a little curious as to why the Eagles are favoured by 5.5 with Westbrook's health still iffy.

I'm also a little curious as to why the Eagles are favoured by 5.5 with Westbrook's health still iffy.

Doesn't make sense to me.. I guess it may due to the Eagles taking 3 of the last 4 games against them. That and the emergance of Deshaun Jackson at WR. Still though, it doesn't make much sense. We(Eagles) stand a good chance of getting creamed on Sunday. We just don't do well without Westbrook.

TROLL . . . ish.

Yes something is screwy there. I know I fill in that tiebreaker stuff every week but I didn't think that had any point value. Maybe disabling that feature(if possible) will make things right?

Good point. I didn't even think about the tie breaker think. I think most everybody fell into a group with may people with the same score. Maybe our esteemed commishioner can turn off the tie break feature.

Steve

A Lifetime of Peace, Love and Protest Music

www.rock-xtreme.com

Yes something is screwy there. I know I fill in that tiebreaker stuff every week but I didn't think that had any point value. Maybe disabling that feature(if possible) will make things right?

Good point. I didn't even think about the tie breaker think. I think most everybody fell into a group with may people with the same score. Maybe our esteemed commishioner can turn off the tie break feature.

This is an issue since as the commissioner I can not alter the setting. When I read about the tie-breaker it was supposed to only break ties each week and not figure into the scoring each week. Sorry I submitted something to yahoo but they never respond.

Begin the day with a friendly voice A companion, unobtrusive

- Rush

And then there were none (in the survival pool) . . . .

Both Magpel and I made the mistake of thinking that the Redskins couldn't possibly lose to the winless Rams at home after those monster road wins at Dallas and Philly. And the Redskins proved us both wrong. As they say, that's why they play the game.

Congrats on the tie, Magpel.

I should've known that picking my Redskins was a bad idea.

And my fantasy team is sucking up the joint this week as well. The perfect capper to an altogether awful week.

Noah

Back at ya, Noah. That was a big surprise. Heck, look at the numbers! something like 45% of all Yahoo Survival Pool participants dies with the Skins this week.

As a Giants fan, I dig it. Kind of a hedge.

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

And then there were none (in the survival pool) . . . .

Both Magpel and I made the mistake of thinking that the Redskins couldn't possibly lose to the winless Rams at home after those monster road wins at Dallas and Philly. And the Redskins proved us both wrong. As they say, that's why they play the game.

Congrats on the tie, Magpel.

I should've known that picking my Redskins was a bad idea.

And my fantasy team is sucking up the joint this week as well. The perfect capper to an altogether awful week.

Noah

Wow this really has been a bad weekend for you Noah. My condolences.

Begin the day with a friendly voice A companion, unobtrusive

- Rush

Yeah, I gave a pretty darn serious look at NO - Oak. There were warning signs with the Rams--new coach, coming off a bye. But I did not heed them. Wait a minute, Oak was new coach, coming off a bye too, and both of 'em used to play in LA. What's my point? Nothing.

Wow this really has been a bad weekend for you Noah. My condolences.

Thanks, SDS. I appreciate it. By the way, insult to injury: Romo was my fantasy QB! Ugh. I think I can safely say goodbye to my fantasy season at this point. (And yes, as a Skins fan, it pained me to root for a Cowboy. I long ago learned, however, that in the world of fantasy, you need to be able to separate your real-world loyalties from your fantasy world.)

Anyhoo, I'm hoping that my Redskins can pull their way out of the doldrums and return to their winning ways over the balance of the season. I need something to root for, and I'm not ready to jump on the Capitals bandwagon yet.

Noah

• 1 month later...
Man I can't even find a the darn Pick 'em pool thread, so I'll just say it here: THE story of our pool this year (other than about 35% of the contestants dropping out...) is the late charge made by our fearless mod. Dave has posted three straight double digit wins (and a 9 on the back end of that streak) to pull into contention from out of nowhere.

Way to go, Dave! :thu:

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

These late season double digit point spreads are so hard to call. For example, if I don't win this year, one the main reasons might be that I called on Detroit to keep it within two touchdowns against a Titans team not known for offensive explosions. Duh.

If Bryce doesn't win, it might be because of one stubborn Raiders pick, or three.

Looking at the Rams and Cardinals. One of the very worst teams in the league against a team that is suddenly struggling. The spread is ginormous--somewhere in the 14 pt. range. I am so torn on this one. You never know when one of these disaster teams is going to show a little life. The 'niners are. You know Seattle might. KC does. Oak doesn't. Detroit doesn't.

If Bryce doesn't win, it might be because of one stubborn Raiders pick, or three.

Last week wasn't a stubborn pick. SD isn't that good this year, and I still had a the taste of the team that beat Denver at home a few weeks back in my mouth. I wasn't picking the Raiders to win - I just didn't think SD was gonna beat them that badly. I had no idea Oakland was gonna spot them 10 points in the first few minutes of the game... :rolleyes:

antimatter and MLC apparently had the same idea...

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Archived