Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Nord Stage Stand question

Hobo

Anyone with a Nord Stage stand? How does it fit to the keyboard, is it flanges like a Rhodes or something else?

I'm interested in buying one if it's modifiable to work with other keyboards - I really like the stand and hate x-stands.

Thanks.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dpn't think it would readily work with other keyboards.

There are two pieces that attach semi-permanently to the bottom of the stage (ie..after being attached .they stay there even when you dismantlye the stand.) Then there are 4 detachable legs and 2 crossbar supports that screw in to those pieces/

I have an old RMI Electra piano with fold up legs that I always wanted to snatch and attach to my digital piano somehow.

Check out "On-Stage" platform stands. It does not have the X stand look, and is relatively sturdy.

Moog The One, VV 64 EP, Wurlies 200A 140 7300, Forte 7, Mojo 61, OB-6, Prophet 6, Polaris, Hammond A100, Farfisa VIP, ,Young Chang 6', Voyager, E7 Clav, Midiboard, Linnstrument, Seaboard

The legs work exactly like a Rhodes. I suppose the flange mounting plates could be screwed onto the bottom of another keyboard, but you would also have to provide the threaded socket for the turnscrew that mounts the leg braces in the middle.

Moe

---

I have it. don't buy it. Overpriced (way!) And the plates which you have to attach to the Stage add a lot of weight. Foinally, it is much more of a pain in the neck to set up than almost any other decent stand. I use a Roland V Stand. Wanna buy mine?

Hammond C3, Leslie 122, Steinway B, Wurlitzer 200A, Rhodes 73,

D6 Clav

So am I right in thinking that with the Nord legs you have to either a) turn the keyboard face down on the floor, attach the legs and right it or b) have people hold the instrument up while you fiddle underneath? Either sounds cumbersome.

Like Bill, I'm a Roland V-stand user. It's not too heavy, looks good and bags up conveniently into a compact package (but get the bag) for transport.

Yamaha: P515, CP88, Genos 1, HX1

it takes 15 seconds to set up the V Stand.

It takes 5 minutes to set up the NS legs.

The NS legs cost $240.oo

The V stand cost $179.00

The NS legs and base unit have 8 pieces.

The V Stand is 1 piece...

You decide

Hammond C3, Leslie 122, Steinway B, Wurlitzer 200A, Rhodes 73,

D6 Clav

I have the same legs that attach to my nord C1. I really like it but I can see how many like the other stands. BTW, don't use x stands!! After having an x stand fail on me, I feel that this one is very secure.

It does add some weight but in my opinion, it's not substantial. I have the nord gig bag and the legs and stand easily fit into the bag - one less thing to put on my dolly when I go into gigs.

Setup is slightly longer but it's still very easy. I just tilt the keyboard in the nord gig bag and twist on the legs. Maybe takes 5 minutes or so? Disassembly is even easier though - probably about 2 min.

Moe was right - after the legs are on, you can move the keyboard very easily by just picking it up. Moving a keyboard on other stands is usually a 2 person job.

BTW, even though there are 4 legs to screw in, there is also two more support beams that screw into the back legs. So, you'll be doing a lot of drilling if you're putting it on another keyboard.

How heavy is your keyboard? The Nord C1/stage are relatively light keyboards. I don't know if I would trust those legs on a 75 lb Yamaha P250 or something like that but it's just me.

Good luck!

B.

www.brianho.net

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/brianho

www.youtube.com/brianhojazz

Archived