Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NBA 2008-2009 Thread

Dave Bryce

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are there any games left?

I'm betting this series lasts at least 5 games, maybe as much as 7.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I was thinking six even before the series began. Orlando is deep and talented. If it went seven, I would not be surprised.

Like I said,

Go Lakers!!!

Oh, and I don't care how many Lakers all-stars they pack on a team - they would still be the 60's Celtics' b!%&*...

Surely you jest...

Never mind a team of Laker All-Stars,

The "Showtime" Lakers would destroy the 60's Celtics. Russell wouldn't be blocking The Captain's sky hooks to save his life.

They would be way too much for the Celtics to handle.

I think Mr. Hated will go off and drop about 50 points tonight.

Hope the Magic can continue sinking 3s. Only chance they have of keeping it close. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Like I said,

Go Lakers!!!

Oh, and I don't care how many Lakers all-stars they pack on a team - they would still be the 60's Celtics' b!%&*...

Surely you jest...

Never mind a team of Laker All-Stars,

The "Showtime" Lakers would destroy the 60's Celtics. Russell wouldn't be blocking The Captain's sky hooks to save his life.

They would be way too much for the Celtics to handle.

Puh-Leeze...

Bill Russell would eat Alcindor alive.

We are talking about the same Bill Russell who frequently dominated Wilt Chamberlain both in the regular season and the playoffs...

Never mind the fact that Havlicek would own Magic...

Steadyb, you didn't tell me Griff went to comedy school with you. I had no idea he was this hilarious! :D

Tell another one, Griff.

You seem to forget...

Showtime didn't play defense. They won via the fast break.

Anyone remember Bill Russel's full-court block? That's how dedicated Auerbach's boys were to D...

Puh-Leeze...

We are talking about the same Bill Russell who frequently dominated Wilt Chamberlain both in the regular season and the playoffs...

Wilt didn't have a move Russell would have as much trouble with as the sky hook. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar had 3 or 4 inches on Russell to start with, add the fact that even guys taller than Kareem couldn't block it, Russell wouldn't stand a chance.

As for Havlicek, Magic would make him look like he played for the Washington Generals.

Puh-Leeze...

Wilt didn't have a move Russell would have as much trouble with as the sky hook. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar had 3 or 4 inches on Russell to start with, add the fact that even guys taller than Kareem couldn't block it, Russell wouldn't stand a chance.

As for Havlicek, Magic would make him look like he played for the Washington Generals.

Yeah, because Jerry West was a pushover... :rolleyes:

"But the Celtics trail the Lakers overall in this exercise because of the gulfs of subpar play surrounding their championship teams. Boston went eight years without a winning season in the '90s and was terrible before Russell arrived; overall, the Celtics have had seasons with 15, 19, 20, 22, 22, 24, 25 and 29 wins. Contrast that with the Lakers, who have won fewer than 30 games only twice -- both seasons coming half a century ago -- and it's no surprise that L.A. has won more games, more playoff games and more playoff series than Boston, and has nearly as many All-Star appearances.

Yes, there were some low moments -- the years of M.L. Carr and Rick Pitino and the 18-game losing streak in 2006-07 come to mind "

"But the Celtics trail the Lakers overall in this exercise because of the gulfs of subpar play surrounding their championship teams. Boston went eight years without a winning season in the '90s and was terrible before Russell arrived; overall, the Celtics have had seasons with 15, 19, 20, 22, 22, 24, 25 and 29 wins. Contrast that with the Lakers, who have won fewer than 30 games only twice -- both seasons coming half a century ago -- and it's no surprise that L.A. has won more games, more playoff games and more playoff series than Boston, and has nearly as many All-Star appearances.

Yes, there were some low moments -- the years of M.L. Carr and Rick Pitino and the 18-game losing streak in 2006-07 come to mind "

Mind citing?

Sounds like a Laker fan defending their abysmal record in the Finals.

steadyb will dig this - CLONK

Holy crap, that was great. Thanks.

Yes it was. :thu:

Imagine being Kareem, playing with the 2 greatest point guards to play the game, the Big O and Magic. Oscar defined the big point guard and Magic was the only other guy to play the point as a big man at a level near Oscar. Points are easy to come by with a shot that good and the 2 greatest point guards in league history.
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

Archived