Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

slightly OT: just bought a brand new Roland 9-KX...

eric.B

and it's great (http://www.roland.com/products/en/TD-9KX/index.html)!!

I've been playing synths and digital pianos for about 15 years now (hey, look at that: 15 years, I'm getting old!) and always had a desire to play the drums. Saterday last week I decided to go and try some drumkits (yeah I know, don't do it, you'll end up buying something), acoustic as well as digital. Acoustic wasn't an option, too much noise for the family, bla, bla, bla (although the looks can't be beaten) so I got back today and decided to just go for it and buy the new Roland. And it's awsome. Just plug in a usb stick and play along with your favourite songs and have a great time.

Last week was the first time I played the drums, but almost immediately it feels natural; just hit it and get into the music. The feeling may be less authentic than an acoustic kit, but hey: I'm a keyboard player, so how could I tell the difference?

One minor remark: it only supports wav (what? again: WAV)files, no MP3, WMA, ACC, files etc. So those files have to be converted into large WAV files. As prices of memory cards are dropping, it isn't a real big issue, but it is strange; seen anyone lately who was showing of his brand new WAV-player?

Another remark: as the night approached I turned of the monitor and used headphones. But according to my girlfriend, the 'silent' noise the digital drums make still keeps her awake. Hmmmm, what can we do about that?

eric B

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's the strange thing: she WANTS to play drums. But she gets tired and stops after 3 minutes just hitting things without any sense of rhythm.

Can she dance ? If so, it might be coordination

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

Archived