Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Higher Ground chords

loxley11

Hi guys,

I'm a bit stymied by the chords to Stevie Wonder's Higher Ground. The online tabs (probably done by a guitarist) are not quite right. I have not been able to find this song anywhere in the archives, in case you were wondering. I've got the bass line, but i'm not sure what the some of the chords are. here's what i have so far...

first part of verse: Ebm % Gb Ab Ebm % % %

most people seem to think the Eb Gb Ab part is repeated the second time around, but the bass stays on Eb or plays some minor pentatonic lick.

Here's the second half of the verse:

Fm Fm Ab Bb(m?) Fm Fm Ab Fm

Ab % % % Db % % %

Not sure what the chords are over the Ab and Db though, my guess is there's some kind of V chord over the Db, I do know it's NOT a Db

As for the Chorus (or bridge or whatever)it sounds to me like the turnaround at the end is a ii7 V#5

anything you know would help. usually I can use my transcription program to get this stuff, but with like 20 clavinets playing at once, it's a bit harder to pick out.

Lol, better yet, send me a keyboard tab!!!! :D

http://www.recordingproject.com/bbs/files/keytab_1_.gif

Thanks,

Drew

"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face"

-Mike Tyson

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're close and right about holding the Ebm7 the second half. The next part goes F7 to Ab7 to Bb7 and the Db thing you're looking for is a 9. Try playing the chord like Db F Cb Eb or if ya wanna get fancy....Db F Bb Cb Eb

Archived