Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Is anyone else waiting for their PC3x to be delivered?

ErikH

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd offer to help when I get it, but not for what you need: I'm more of a piano player than an organ player, and I'm not a VA programmer at all.

That said, I'll make this offer: Once I actually get it and get it set up, *AND* figure out a simple way to record and upload music (I have access to a zoom h4, but that's obviously going d/a/d and I haven't used it much).... THEN....

If you send me a midi file, I'll record it for you.

Though at that point, there will probably be better people than I posting things ;) But the offer will remain open.

I can tell you that the strings are DEVASTATING on this machine; and the VA1, for me, is one of the biggest selling points, and one of its greatest strengths. It sounds fat and HARD (like analog should), and feels very responsive. It's keyboard feels great, and after playing a gig on it for 3 hours, I loved the keyboard even more; it's a little unusual feeling, not hard, but thick feeling, but very responsive and smoothe. A killer machine!
Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.

I'm glad for all of you but I'd like to now where I can play one. This has been an issue in the past as I've tried to find places to demo Kurzweil keyboards. Any chance of getting them carried in GC or Sam Ash?

Begin the day with a friendly voice A companion, unobtrusive

- Rush

I'm confused; I thought only dealers and insiders like CJ could get them so far -- are they already shipping for real?

Maybe Gtr Ctr in SF will have one soon then. I have to return there anyway in a week or so when they aren't running a clinic, to try all the Real Analogs and high-end VA's, as no one else has them.

Certainly I would not make a decision to get one until having the chance to compare vs. the Roland RD700GX, which is way cheaper. But it's heartening to hear that the PC3X keybed action seems a major step up in quality from previous Kurzweil boards.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

I can tell you that the strings are DEVASTATING on this machine; and the VA1, for me, is one of the biggest selling points, and one of its greatest strengths. It sounds fat and HARD (like analog should), and feels very responsive. It's keyboard feels great, and after playing a gig on it for 3 hours, I loved the keyboard even more; it's a little unusual feeling, not hard, but thick feeling, but very responsive and smoothe. A killer machine!

so you like it ?

:D

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

Archived