Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Now THAT's an ouchie...

Graham56

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Graham nice to see you here, it has been a while.

I would cry if it happen to me

www.myspace.com/davidbassportugal

"And then the magical unicorn will come prancing down the rainbow and we'll all join hands for a rousing chorus of Kumbaya." - by davio

Ouch. You'd be amazed at what the really good repair shops can do with something like that. And what the repair bill runs.

That ratty old thing? He can get a new one made in China for under $100, I'll bet.. and in any color he wants! Just check on Ebay.

Yep, I hear the Behringer ones are almost as good, but way cheaper!

Wait for it... wait for it...

Post. Of. The. Week.

Brilliant!

But if he really wants to hear himself over a 122 piece orchestra, he should get a nice electric fiddle and match it with a proper vintage hand-wired tube amp. 30 tube watts should do nicely.

Tube watts. I said it. ;)

You're a 122 piece orchestra.

That's the dumbest thing ever, you can jump on proper cases and there would be no damage.

Exactly. Either he bought a ridiculously cheap case, and deserves what he got, or the case maker has some liability in this matter.

8 months to repair, however, is 8 months to meticulously reassemble all the broken pieces exactly as they were before this incident, every splinter, every shard, to at least try to restore the sound that was there prior to the accident.

But if he really wants to hear himself over a 122 piece orchestra, he should get a nice electric fiddle and match it with a proper vintage hand-wired tube amp. 30 tube watts should do nicely.

Tube watts. I said it. ;)

You're a tube watt. :D

Visit my band's new web site.

www.themojoroots.com

. . . surely he could have got a better case for an instrument that valuable!

Yeah, now that you mention it, it does sound rather weird. I've been told that a guitar in some of the modern cases can survive a three storey drop. And here's this guy wrecking his violin just by falling on the case. Weird.

Archived