Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2008-2009 Thread

Dave Bryce

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the 49ers are very quietly having a good offseason. They haven't signed any big name players, but have signed many players who will impact and help them next year.

The newest Raider De Angelo Hall? Yep the Falcons and Raiders are talking trade. Right now I think a 2nd and 6th round pick for Hall. I think the tie up may be that Hall wants a new deal worked out. This would be a great pick up for the Raiders.

Begin the day with a friendly voice A companion, unobtrusive

- Rush

I'd like to see the 'Niners come back.

After years of watching them thwart my LA Rams' aspirations, I wanted to see San Francisco slap down Georgia Frontiere's team after she moved them to St. Louis; but noooooo -- the Bay Area dynasty had to pick that era to crumble! :mad:

So come on back, 49ers! Better late than never! :thu:

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

The Giants had been a player in the the D'Angelo Hall talk.

Last I heard, it was looking like he was headed to Oakland.

Hey, check this out:

According to SI.com's Don Banks, there are "rumors" that JaMarcus Russell has ballooned to close to 300 pounds since last season ended.

Russell, who coach Lane Kiffin has named the Raiders' starter, had weight issues in college. InsideBayArea.com's Jerry McDonald writes in his blog that no players have actually seen Russell this offseason, so the rumors are hard to confirm. Russell has shown the ability to drop weight quickly.

Uh-oh...:eek:

Honestly, I thought the guy looked overweight and slow during the last season, and have been worried ever since seeing him play in a Raiders uniform that he's going to be a disaster/another Ryan Leaf. Man, I really hope I'm wrong.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

According to SI.com's Don Banks, there are "rumors" that JaMarcus Russell has ballooned to close to 300 pounds since last season ended.

D*mn, he must have swallowed that bag of money they paid him. Hopefully, he can deliver the goods. :laugh::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

The thought of a 300 lb QB is...hilarious. Even Culpepper at his very biggest topped out at 260, and he's like 6'6" right?

I am no huge NCAA football fan (bball is a different story) so all I ever saw of JaMarcus Russell was the the bowl game in which he completely outclassed Brady Quinn. He had EVERYTHING going in that game--rocket arm, legs. He was precise in the short game, devastating in the long game. I walked away thinking he was the best pro prospect since...John Elway.

Granted, a lot can happen in Raider land; msterious things can happen in Raider land. Gallery was a can't miss 110% "anchor your line for decade" prospect himself. Then he went to Oakland.

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Jamarcus in his SEC days was inconsistant.

Flashes of brightness and lunacy, mixed with some very middle of the road performances. The arm was always lively and at times breathtaking, but then the decision making wouldn't match with it sometimes. My overall thought was in that bowl game, all the talents and potential just came together...finally.

I had been waiting to see how NFL coaching could affect his developement from there, then came that long holdout. I knew then that he'd fall behind the learning curve. He could still be a great one with an arm like that. That arm alone, with little developement could also make him Jeff George.

TROLL . . . ish.

My viewing experience of Jamarcus is between Magpel's and Meccajay's. I saw him in LSU's beatdown of Quinn's Notre Dame, but saw several other LSU games in which he was maddeningly inconsistent.

I saw Marlon McCree signed with the Broncos. He says he's not bitter about SD dumping him, yet on the other hand admits to being eager to play SD twice a year. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Christ, we'll be hearing that crap for years to come, Brett's thinking about un-retiring. Brett's looking for a team willing to sign a 65 year old man as a starter. Brett is consulting with Al Davis on how to become a vampire and live forever so he can keep playing QB into his 90's and beyond. :freak:

Did you guys hear the bit about how teams are gonna be able to put a radio headset like the QBs wear into one defensive player's helmet as well? That could add an interesting dimension...

dB

Seems like it would limit defensive substitution(just one live helmet).

TROLL . . . ish.

Christ, we'll be hearing that crap for years to come, Brett's thinking about un-retiring.

Poor Aaron Rodgers.. The 1st game he goes 9 for 27, with 3 picks at home will be like a living funeral for him. And game after that, and the next one, and...

TROLL . . . ish.

Seems like it would limit defensive substitution(just one live helmet).

This is why the teams that don't currently have a "defensive QB" (who's going to be involved in nearly every down) are against the idea... including the Raiders, hmmm.

And...

Favre says he has no plans to return to the NFL

"That's the last thing I'm thinking about," Favre told SI.com. "I have no idea where that came from, but it certainly didn't come from me. I'm happy about my decision and I haven't once said, 'I wonder if I made the wrong decision.' I know it's the right one."

"It's crazy to me that I'm the guy they're all talking about, and the story is out there everywhere, and I have nothing to do with it," he said. "It's not something I'm thinking about. It's kind of funny. Even when I'm retired, they won't let me stay retired."

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Geoff, I worry about you.

Hey why don't you just come on over and become a Titan's fan!! We could use an honest, passionate, thinking man's sports nut like yourself!

No we don't have the history of the great Packers franchise, but the best is yet to come!

TROLL . . . ish.

Geoff, I worry about you.

Hey why don't you just come on over and become a Titan's fan!! We could use an honest, passionate, thinking man's sports nut like yourself!

No we don't have the history of the great Packers franchise, but the best is yet to come!

Yeah, I mean, after Pac-Man, who wouldn't be amped up about the future of that franchise? :freak::D

I do like the Titans, but -- with or without Brett -- I'm a happy Packers fan! :thu:

Yeah I know.. I was just hopeful.. Doin my best recuitin' real fans now, before we beat Dallas in next years SuperBowl and I have too many bandwagoneers to count. :eek::cool::thu:

TROLL . . . ish.

Archived