Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2008-2009 Thread

Dave Bryce

Wow, its a sad day in the Steelers Nation. When he couldn't go to the last SB we played, I knew he had to be in poor health to keep Myron away. I'm surprised he lasted this long. Myron brought together the Steelers fans with the Terrible Towel, and gave Franco's reception against the Raiders its name "The Immaculate Reception". Very few broadcasters ever achieve his celebrity, in particular in Pittsburgh where locals could truly appreciate him.

Rest In Peace Myron,

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/2116/flagws4.gif

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite his age, I still think Zo would be a good pickup for any team still using a power running scheme. And you don't have to give up a draft pick for him.

McCree is a journeyman safety at best. But for some teams, that might be just the ticket in this pass-happy league. We just didn't want to overpay him to back up Eric Weddle.

Olivea went from being a reliable starter to doghouse under Norv. Starting to smell like Toniu Fonoti to me, though Fonoti was a bit more heralded coming out of school.

By all means, I never had a problem will BB (and the Pats) taking their lumps for the Spygate scandal. It was the folks who just wouldn't let it go afterwards that got my ire up.

Oh come on Griff, name one just one person who fits this category. :D

Begin the day with a friendly voice A companion, unobtrusive

- Rush

Uh, Randy?

Moss, who wasn't franchised by the Patriots, became a free agent after midnight Thursday. Though talks continue with the Patriots, the numbers aren't close enough for him to close his ears to other opportunities.

:snax:

Al Davis blunders again. How are you going to give a guy the richest contract for his projected position (he's never played DT before) ever when he's coming off a torn ACL?!

I would say even with all God's creatures the sun has to shine on on your rear end every now and then but then I remembered its Al Davis. I'd at least like to feel like the Raiders have an outside chance of making the playoffs next year but it seems like we're on the 10-20 year rebuilding plan.

- Rush

Ah, the Spoils. One day into free agency, and the defending Super Bowl Champions-- :) --have lost Kawika Mitchell (little ouch) and Gibril Wilson (BIG FAT STINKING OWEE OWWEE OUTCH!!!)
Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Ok, forget the reunion talk for a minute.

If Moss leaves the Pats, can you see him going to Dallas? Can you imagine having Moss and Owens together? Throw in the Cowboys possibly drafting McFadden and splitting time with Barber. Tell me Jones isn't stewing over this as we speak. I bet he's ready to throw quite a bundle at Mo$$. I have no proof of this of course, but it does seem like a possibility.

...And I was joking!

Moss willing to listen to offers; Favre nearing decision on future

Now that the Pack is back, I don't think that Moss will be able to resist the lure of playing with Brett Favre...

...and mooning the Green Bay fans at all of the home games!

Seriously, he'll remain a Patriot.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

If your a player like Randy Moss, and you truly wanted to win a Superbowl, why wouldn't you sign with Dallas? The matchup nightmares between him and Owens would be brutal and the Cowboys already run the ball fairly well. He would have to share the spotlight but I would think it would be a strong consideration. AS much as I hate the Cowboys I hope this doesn't happen.

- Rush

Ah, the Spoils. One day into free agency, and the defending Super Bowl Champions-- :) --have lost Kawika Mitchell (little ouch) and Gibril Wilson (BIG FAT STINKING OWEE OWWEE OUTCH!!!)

Damn. Oh well, at least Eli has 1 more Lombardi than Philip.

Ah, so our backup RB, Michael Turner, went to Atlanta for a nice payday. Thanks for the memories, Michael (the game-winning 80yd TD run to ruin the Colts' undefeated season comes to mind).

I kinda feel bad for him because he's going to an unstable situation - no QB, new coaching staff, etc. I have no idea if they're going to put in an offense that would fit his style. I do wish him the best, though.

Ah, so our backup RB, Michael Turner, went to Atlanta for a nice payday. Thanks for the memories, Michael (the game-winning 80yd TD run to ruin the Colts' undefeated season comes to mind).

I kinda feel bad for him because he's going to an unstable situation - no QB, new coaching staff, etc. I have no idea if they're going to put in an offense that would fit his style. I do wish him the best, though.

Yeah, but he's gonna PLAY!

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Archived