Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

M-Audio Keystation Pro and CME weighted controllers

zephonic

Has anybody played or purchased one of these? Action any good? I am particularly interested in this CME ZSC88. Has everything I like and nothing I don't.

local: Korg Nautilus 73 | Yamaha MODX8

away: GigPerformer

home: Kawai RX-2 | Korg D1 | Roland Fantom X7

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There are a lot of us who don't like the feel of M-Audio keyboards.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

If you enjoy the frustration of running in 4 feet of water at the beach, you'll know what it's like to play the keystation.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

If you enjoy the frustration of running in 4 feet of water at the beach, you'll know what it's like to play the keystation.

Dude, that bad?

However, the SP-2 sustain pedal rocks. It's a serious anomaly in their lineup of products for keyboard players. Maybe the problem is that they use the same mechanism for their keys! ;)

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

However, the SP-2 sustain pedal rocks. It's a serious anomaly in their lineup of products for keyboard players. Maybe the problem is that they use the same mechanism for their keys! ;)

that pedal gave me problems that were unbelievably frustrating and nearly ruined the beginning of a really important show...i threw it in the trash

that pedal gave me problems that were unbelievably frustrating and nearly ruined the beginning of a really important show...i threw it in the trash

Well, there you go then, all the M-Audio products suck! Steve's an expert and world famous, whilst I've never gigged, so I'll now have a cautious eye on my SP-2. Seriously.

Well, there you go then, all the M-Audio products suck! Steve's an expert and world famous, whilst I've never gigged, so I'll now have a cautious eye on my SP-2. Seriously.

Dunno...people who own their audio interfaces are happy and content. But from the mood on this forum I'd say keyboards are not their forte.

yes, I'm happy with my M-Audio Firewire 410 for hobby stuff (not pro) and I have an SP1 sustain pedal that works fine, no problems...the SP2 didn't make consistent contact to hold for more than a measure and sometimes wouldn't engage the sustain at all, was especially bad when I was using it with my Nord Stage for whatever reason. I suppose I could have returned it and tried another one but being on the road at the time it wouldn't have been worth the effort.

ymmv...just saying if you need your sustain to be super reliable (it's essential with the stuff I do), you might not want to go with an SP2 or perhaps any of the 'real feel' sustain pedals

People who aren't hyper concerned with fidelity are happy with their interfaces. M-Audio makes cheap consumer grade stuff, and their high end is the bottom end of prosumer at best. I've had luck with the SP-2 sustain pedal, even in spite of a short in the cord, but I think that pedal is a MAJOR aberration. You're better off doing without for a while and saving more money to get a quality product than to get an M-Audio piece.
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

People who aren't hyper concerned with fidelity are happy with their interfaces. M-Audio makes cheap consumer grade stuff, and their high end is the bottom end of prosumer at best. I've had luck with the SP-2 sustain pedal, even in spite of a short in the cord, but I think that pedal is a MAJOR aberration. You're better off doing without for a while and saving more money to get a quality product than to get an M-Audio piece.

With the exception of their Axiom controller series, which I find to be excellent.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

With the exception of their Axiom controller series, which I find to be excellent.

...and I have to agree, I really like my Axiom 61. Wish they made a 76 key version.

Turn up the speaker

Hop, flop, squawk

It's a keeper

-Captain Beefheart, Ice Cream for Crow

Archived