Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

British Blues?

Zuben

There's still, I suppose, some weird, insular people who have never heard of Blackadder.

That is a shame. The first Black Adder wasn't my favourite (Rowan Atkinson's character was too much of an idiot), but the Black Adder he played in subsequent versions (two and three), were brilliant. Both Rowan and Laurie are geniuses IMO.

Did you know Glasgow had a Bishop Blackadder in the Middle Ages?

Hmmmmm....I wonder?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There's still, I suppose, some weird, insular people who have never heard of Blackadder.

That is a shame. The first Black Adder wasn't my favourite (Rowan Atkinson's character was too much of an idiot), but the Black Adder he played in subsequent versions (two and three), were brilliant. Both Rowan and Laurie are geniuses IMO.

Did you know Glasgow had a Bishop Blackadder in the Middle Ages?

Hmmmmm....I wonder?

Who is Black Adder???

I must be one of those wierd insular folk!!! LOL

Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=574296

http://www.myspace.com/imdrs

...trust me I've known cats in LA who walk around talking the talk....but they're dressed in expensive threads, $500 cowboy boots, get expensive haircuts and eat healthy at nice restuarants, shop for groceries at Trader Joe's.....but they are BLUES players ...baby.....or daddy-o... for that matter and they have this huge phony vibe about them.

Hey! I shop at Trader Joe's. I think the guys you're talking about get their groceries at Gelson's.

Scott Fraser

Scott Fraser

If B.B. King can say that "Peter Green gave him the cold sweats" when he played, than I'd pretty much say that he's been accepted as a bluesman . I think if we look at the blues as less of "where you come from" and more of "what's inside you", then maybe it makes more sense.

Absolutely. Nobody ever said Joe Zawinul wasn't really a true Jazz musician just because he was a white guy from Vienna.

Scott Fraser

Scott Fraser

Again...I am not talking about just using the accent because it sings better, which I thought I had explained in detail. I personally am only talking about a person not from the US singing with an over the top American accent....the Southern drawl thing. To me that is distracting if I know where they are from...that's all. It seems a bit fake to me and takes away from my listening experience. I could otherwise care less who plays what, or where they are from.... as long as their heart is in it.

This is my opinion, I am not telling anyone else how to think when they listen to someone singing a certain way.

Yeah LOL Scott, Gelson's it is. TJ's a cool store, and they have some very realistic prices for those who think healthy always has to mean expensive.

I personally am only talking about a person not from the US singing with an over the top American accent....the Southern drawl thing.

An over the top southern drawl is enough to make me want to stick a fork in my ear, real or not. :D

I personally am only talking about a person not from the US singing with an over the top American accent....the Southern drawl thing.

An over the top southern drawl is enough to make me want to stick a fork in my ear, real or not. :D

LOL :eek: :eek:

I didn't say that, y'all!! :/

Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=574296

http://www.myspace.com/imdrs

• 2 weeks later...

Archived